Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek's Refusal on Pulev Makes a Big Mystery in Poland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek's Refusal on Pulev Makes a Big Mystery in Poland

It was reported a few days ago that Tomasz Adamek (48-2, 29 KOs) withdrew from a final IBF heavyweight eliminator with undefeated Kubrat Pulev (17-0, 9 KOs). The winner would have become the mandatory challenger to unified champion Wladimir Klitschko.

[Click Here To Read More]

Would be a big step up for Pulev, but I give him a good chance.
    If they'd host this in Germany it would be huge!
    Fingers crossed...

Comment

Am I the only person who doesn't see the controversy? He doesn't need the IBF to force Wlad to give him a fight. He has a name and a following in Poland. Wlad needs HIM, unless he wants to fight Solis, Fres Oqeuendo, the bum Vitali just beat, or someone worse. There's big money for both of them on the table. He's already in position for the shot without facing Pulev. I don't think theres anything wrong with this. Maybe he is over the hill and doesnt feel like pulling out another tough decision against a tough no name fighter. Theres nothing to gain in it for him when he already has the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
        Am I the only person who doesn't see the controversy? He doesn't need the IBF to force Wlad to give him a fight. He has a name and a following in Poland. Wlad needs HIM, unless he wants to fight Solis, Fres Oqeuendo, the bum Vitali just beat, or someone worse. There's big money for both of them on the table. He's already in position for the shot without facing Pulev. I don't think theres anything wrong with this. Maybe he is over the hill and doesnt feel like pulling out another tough decision against a tough no name fighter. Theres nothing to gain in it for him when he already has the prize.
        Wlad needs Adamek?

Comment

Adamek just wants to do some more drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            Wlad needs Adamek?
            Sure he does. He is a draw. Did you see the soccer stadium in poland that sold out when he fought vitali? Boxing is a business. It's about making money. Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the boxing promoting business, but until then Wlad wants the biggest pay days too. Those pay days aren't against the aforementioned bums who he'd KO in the 1st or second round with little excitement. He wants PPV money, TV networks, interest generated in fight. Adamek might be the only guy who can bring that to the table in addition to being an easy win for Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
              Sure he does. He is a draw. Did you see the soccer stadium in poland that sold out when he fought vitali? Boxing is a business. It's about making money. Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the boxing promoting business, but until then Wlad wants the biggest pay days too. Those pay days aren't against the aforementioned bums who he'd KO in the 1st or second round with little excitement. He wants PPV money, TV networks, interest generated in fight. Adamek might be the only guy who can bring that to the table in addition to being an easy win for Wlad.
              Sure Adamek could fill a stadium in Poland but Golota must likely could also fill one. So should Wlad fight Golota as well since Tomasz is, in my opinion, just a few notches away from being as washed up as Andrew happens to be? I also have little interest in watching Wlad beat the snot out of Adamek. And if Adamek is pulling out of fights with the likes of Pulev he really should think about retirement, and that is coming from a fan of his.
              Last edited by Ravens Fan; 02-15-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

must have another fight lined up

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                  must have another fight lined up
                  As long as it's not with a bunch of parked cars like his last one.

Comment

Adamek probably realizes there's a good chance he'd lose vs Pulev, and after such a loss he would be finished, more or less.
                    He can still generate some money fights on his name alone, especially in Poland.
                    He could still pursue the wbc strip when Vitali retires though, and try become three division world champion as he in the past has stated is his dream.

Comment

Working...
                    X