Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez is not an overhyped fighter! Hes like everyother contender!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    And what do you see exactly? A contender being brought along like everyother contender oh what a travisty! The world is going to end!!!!
    Usually these contenders have some kind of redeemable skill. What's Canelo's skill? Red hair?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Fine Pistol, he gets a pass for fighting cans because of how young he is but you can't defend it anymore when he has a world title after most likely stopping this next tomato can on Saturday.
      And thats fine I want him to win the title and start fighting world class opponents I'm just saying look at the kids actual skills. There is a huge diffrence between him and say Chavez Jr. You can see who has real skills and who doesn't even if they have faced the same level of opposition at this point in their careers.

I just think it's a little stupid to expect some 20 year old contender to have Suger Ray Robinsons resume by next year just because his promoter actually promotes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
        Usually these contenders have some kind of redeemable skill. What's Canelo's skill? Red hair?

Are you serious? The kid is an extreamly well rounded fighter and if you cant see that then Im sure you are gonna discredit him no matter what he does in his career so there is no sense in discussing this with you any further.

Comment

Are you serious? The kid is an extreamly well rounded fighter and if you cant see that then Im sure you are gonna discredit him no matter what he does in his career so there is no sense in discussing this with you any further.
          Oh no, I'm a very fair poster, once I see skill I give credit. Even though I dislike Mexicans, I like JMM. Even though I dislike Muslims, I give Khan credit for the skills he possesses.

Comment

LOL at the TS he's a ******ed racist mall cop who speaks the way he does thanks to the safety that being behind a computer monitor brings.

But he is right a lot of people here just like to **** on fighters for any stupid reason or just because they don'tlike them. Canelo is a young entertaining fighter that will bring nothing but good to this sport. If you can't see that then you're just as ******ed as the mall cop.

Comment

And thats fine I want him to win the title and start fighting world class opponents I'm just saying look at the kids actual skills. There is a huge diffrence between him and say Chavez Jr. You can see who has real skills and who doesn't even if they have faced the same level of opposition at this point in their careers.

I just think it's a little stupid to expect some 20 year old contender to have Suger Ray Robinsons resume by next year just because his promoter actually promotes him.
              Agree on all points, he has skills that are visible even if he hasn't been in with the best comp yet, some ppl expect too much of him at this point, but he does need to step it up after this.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I'm not even Mexican and I'm on the Canelo bandwagon.

What's not to like?

Comes to fight? Check
                Is entertaining? Check
                Has solid fundamental skills? Check
                Has great growth potential? Check
                Has swagger? Check
                Has orange hair? Check
                Exactly he has great all around skills and he has power so my question is what is actually being overhyped here?

Comment

you can't deny he is being overhyped by the mexican media. He hasn't beat 1 top fighter yet and hes already cruising around in $100,000 cars and buying homes and dating models.

Lets not jump the gun here he has 35 fights but mostly against cab drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Agree on all points, he has skills that are visible even if he hasn't been in with the best comp yet, some ppl expect too much of him at this point, but he does need to step it up after this.
                    And Golden Boy will push him if he wins and to be honest compared to other prospects at his age fighting experienced guys like Baldo, lovemore, and Hatton shows that he can handle gatekeepers. baldo was a fuking Undisputed world champion at one time in his career how many 20 year old boxers have you seen fight anyone with that kind of experience so early in their career? He's dominating the gatekeepers thats what a future champion should be doing.

Comment

Are you guys fuking serious! The kid is 20 years old and being brought along like any other contender
                      not true he is being brought a chance for the Junior Middleweight belt. Last guy I can remember this young being offered a chance for the belt was Feroz and if I am not mistaken Feroz's resume ****s all over Canelo's at the same points in their respective careers.

He gets stunned for 30 seconds and this is supposed to mean he's overhyped?
                      no but getting stunned by a career lightweight can be a harbinger of things to come.

Hmm lets see why don't you look at just about every major boxers career and tell me if the majority of them hadn't been stunned or knocked down early in their careers. Sergio Martinez (who got knocked the fuk out)
                      um he was stopped by the eventual WBO welterweight champion of the world in Antonio Margarito. That, IMO, is a HUGE difference than say being stunned by a career lightweight.

and Oscar De la Hoya are two that I can think of off the top of my head.
                      if I recall those early knock downs were all of the flash variety. I followed Oscar when he was younger and the only time I truely saw him hurt in that sense was against Ike

And all this talk about him fighting Tomato cans! Name me one fuking contender that hasn't fought Tomato Cans on their way to a title. Please name all these fighters that took on championship level fighters the second they turned pro??
                      stop exagerating Canelo is 35 fights into a career and his path to a title is very very similar to Berto's "run"

Seriously every contender or future champion has had the same career path as Canelo I just don't understand how you dim witts wanna forget that!
                      you should relax with the insults.

and no that's not true Canelo's run is just above Berto's. At least Canelo has one name on his while Berto had none.

Hello stupid asses thats what a promoter does! All you mongoloids do is complain about how Boxing is dying blah blah blah and when a fighter actually comes along with some star power and is good for the sport all you guys wanna do is blindly discredit the guy. With that stupid attitude boxing deserves to be a D level sport in this country.
                      it's called debating something you obviously have trouble with without resorting to juvenile name calling and ranting

his resume on his way to the belt is suspect and people are calling him on that. Nothing wrong with that

in fact you point to something, his age, that has a lot to do with the criticism

at this age he simply should not be fighting for a belt yet he is. Fine if that's the case expect your career to be scrutinized

Comment

Working...
                      X