Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the new Fight Night will be announced soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Grizzley View Post
    I can tell you right now they won't be making a FN anytime soon. EA is having troubled internally, profits are down, doors are closing, voted worst company in America two years in a row. Not only can't they afford the licensing for fighters, but also don't want to spend the money for a proper development.

They base futures on track records and won't gamble on throwing money at the game hoping people will actually buy it. FN doesn't sell and they won't be rolling the dice on it anytime soon.

What they did was spread themselves too thin with a bunch of mediocre games instead of focusing on a smaller pool and making them sick. They got greedy, now they pay.
    You nailed everything there. Plus the fact they've got the UFC license means licenses are easier to obtain from a organisation compared to individual fighters.

It's a shame really. I was a Fight Night Champion beast when the game came out. I held the world middleweight title twice and was consistently ranked in the top 100. Then I gave up and couldn't be bothered with it anymore thanks to constant online tuners.

Comment

Best hope for a boxing game is for 2K sports to make it EA Sports has been putting pisspoor sports game out for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        Best hope for a boxing game is for 2K sports to make it EA Sports has been putting pisspoor sports game out for a while.
        They would need to spend a massive amount of money on an engine that has never been designed before. Ground up. Four years baseline for development and over 50 million dollars in costs (my guess is 75+) before the release with a low profit margin expectancy. Slim futures on dlc as well.

Boxing is super intricate. The last FN was the best and still was unplayable. Not an easy task. Risky Business.

Comment

They would need to spend a massive amount of money on an engine that has never been designed before. Ground up. Four years baseline for development and over 50 million dollars in costs (my guess is 75+) before the release with a low profit margin expectancy. Slim futures on dlc as well.

Boxing is super intricate. The last FN was the best and still was unplayable. Not an easy task. Risky Business.
          Fight Night Rd 4 was damn near the perfect boxing game. 2K just made the perfect WWE game by most accounts a wrestling and boxing game are close to similar as they can base it. But they say NBA2k is set-up I know they would make a great boxing game EA has lost my faith in Madden.

Comment

I can tell you right now they won't be making a FN anytime soon. EA is having troubled internally, profits are down, doors are closing, voted worst company in America two years in a row. Not only can't they afford the licensing for fighters, but also don't want to spend the money for a proper development.

They base futures on track records and won't gamble on throwing money at the game hoping people will actually buy it. FN doesn't sell and they won't be rolling the dice on it anytime soon.

What they did was spread themselves too thin with a bunch of mediocre games instead of focusing on a smaller pool and making them sick. They got greedy, now they pay.

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather - $25 DLC!

Comment

I'm really disappointed in EA. I love mma but those UFC games are terrible compared to fight night. The thing I don't get it the UFC undisputed games sold the same amount as the fight night games roughly do why make one and not the other ? Doesn't make any sense. They act like UFC games sell more but they really don't

Comment

Fight Night gets a lot of stick but I think the series has been excellent. Boxing is a very varied sport and the fact that it's 1 vs 1 means that any little errors are extremely clear.

Comment

Working...
                X