No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Decisions Game Marroquin Over Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Decisions Game Marroquin Over Twelve

Thomas & Mack, Las Vegas - WBA super featherweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0) successfully defended his title with a unanimous decision victory over Roberto Marroquin (22-2). The scores were 118-108 twice and 118-109. The on again, off again fight began slow as both fighters felt each other out.

[Click Here To Read More]

At least no one is going to be that stupid to think Rigo belongs in the ring with Donaire. He was BADLY hurt a number of times by a guy who is not a puncher....Donaire ICES him. Donaire would never let him hold for dear life.

Comment

that number is 2 and he was never hurt badly enough to fall. Don't let commentators gas you they will send you off unless you mute the broadcast.

Comment

Rigondeaux looked horrible. I'd like to see Santa Cruz expose him. Donaire shouldn't even be mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          At least no one is going to be that stupid to think Rigo belongs in the ring with Donaire. He was BADLY hurt a number of times by a guy who is not a puncher....Donaire ICES him. Donaire would never let him hold for dear life.
          I didn't see it, but I don't like the way the write-up reads. It definitely sounds like Rigo needs some work. Maybe now Nonito will fight him. lol

Comment

Rigo sure knows how to stink up a joint! I just don't like his style....ugh

Comment

Considering everything Rigondeaux has been through in the lead up to this fight, is it surprising for him to have such a bad performance? I mean he didn't even know he was going to be able to fight until a few days ago.

Comment

Lets all remember Mayweather was stunned against Demarcus Corley. I still believe Donaire vs Rigo needs to happen but I'll admit I'm leaning more towards Donaire now.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  Considering everything Rigondeaux has been through in the lead up to this fight, is it surprising for him to have such a bad performance? I mean he didn't even know he was going to be able to fight until a few days ago.
                  The word was that he never stopped training. I agree that he might not have been 100% focused, but it doesn't completely explain an unimpressive performance. Like I said, I haven't seen the fight, but I have a feeling I'm not gonna like it when I do.

Comment

Rigo didn't look very impressive.

He won widely, but not very impressively IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X