No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather Expects Big Things From TMT Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather Expects Big Things From TMT Promotions

50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather Jr. have had no problem whatsoever capturing the boxing world’s imagination with the announcement of their TMT Promotions, also known as ‘The Money Team’ Promotions.

Having built a formidable empire in the world of music, 50 Cent, real name Curtis Jackson, will be looking to bring that same acumen into the realm of boxing, and at the moment he is patiently awaiting Mayweather’s August 3rd release from the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Swinging through the Mayweather Boxing Club
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't we all.

Comment

So first they say they're all about the fighters. And then they say they're all about the money. Make up your minds about which BS you're selling the public will ya.

Comment

as a boxing fan i hope floyd and 50 cents succeed ! but something tells me this will be a fly by night opperation that goes down hill fast . why treason1 you may ask> well because mayweather has a gambling problem and i think the boxing commision will ban him just like baseball banned pete rose for gambling . plus i heard 50 cent is using this as a way to launder his money that he made while selling drugs . if thats the case the feds willl be knocking on tmt doors reaal quick and floyd looks like the type of guy to snitch. and if you think arum and don king steal from their fighters just wait till you see floyd money mayweather and 50 cent in action .
        Last edited by treason1; 07-31-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

big things like what....stiffer sentencing longer rap sheets?

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
            as a boxing fan i hope floyd and 50 cents succeed ! but something tells me this will be a fly by night opperation that goes down hill fast . why treason1 you may ask> well because mayweather has a gambling problem and i think the boxing commision will ban him just like baseball banned pete rose for gambling . plus i heard 50 cent is using this as a way to launder his money that he made while selling drugs . if thats the case the feds willl be knocking on tmt doors reaal quick and floyd looks like the type of guy to snitch. and if you think arum and don king steal from their fighters just wait till you see floyd money mayweather and 50 cent in action .
            Floyd doesn't bet on boxing....it's not illegal to bet on other sports

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
              Lol your closing line made me almost piss my pants. Floyd is definitely greedy so this does seem kinda funny him saying he's going to look out for the fighters and they will get paid. This guy won't even give Pacquiao any PPV money! No way Floyd gets banned by the boxing commission for gambling though, boxing is the red light district of sports. 50 cent was never a major player in the drug game so I don't think there's much money to "launder" there . As long as TMT makes good fights and works with other promoters to make good fights I'm all for it. If TMT & Top Rank work together to make Mayweather Pacquiao then I'll be on board with this thing.

Comment

Steve Kim from Maxboxing wrote an interesting piece about "TMT" on Monday. One of the more interesting questions Steve posed was if Curtis Jackson was going to be in the boxing business or the Mayweather business. I really think it's the latter. It really does seem to me like this whole "TMT" thing will only last a few years (if that). I also think they're gonna find out very quickly that it takes more than a ton of money in order run a promotional company!!
                Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 07-31-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                  Lol your closing line made me almost piss my pants. Floyd is definitely greedy so this does seem kinda funny him saying he's going to look out for the fighters and they will get paid. This guy won't even give Pacquiao any PPV money! No way Floyd gets banned by the boxing commission for gambling though, boxing is the red light district of sports. 50 cent was never a major player in the drug game so I don't think there's much money to "launder" there . As long as TMT makes good fights and works with other promoters to make good fights I'm all for it. If TMT & Top Rank work together to make Mayweather Pacquiao then I'll be on board with this thing.
                  The fight will get made cause now Floyd doesn't need golden boy in the picture any more and won't need to pay them for their services....this fight sells itself and really has been promoted for almost 4 years...as soon as the fight gets announced it, word will spread like wild fire across the entire planet.

Comment

Maybe Pacquiao will stop letting Bob Arum rape him and will join The Money Team. When does his contract with Top Rank run out?

Comment

Working...
                    X