No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Diaz: Top Rank Wants To Build Me, Not Use Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Diaz: Top Rank Wants To Build Me, Not Use Me

Former lightweight champion Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz returns to the ring for the third time this year against Juan Santiago in the chief support bout underneath the HBO televised main event that pits Mike Alvarado against Ruslan Provodnikov. The fight takes place in Broomfield, Colo. near Alvarado's hometown.

The 30-year-old Diaz is happy to have an opportunity to fight in front of a sold out crowd and to be part of the Alvarado-Provodnikov fight which many feel will be a Fight of the Year candidate.

"I am very excited. This is a great card to be on. I just signed with Top Rank and I am excited that the crowd gets to see me. Its a great fight and I'm happy to be part of it," Diaz explained. [Click Here To Read More]

So I guess we could see, Diaz vs Gamboa or M Garcia shoot even Crawford would be good.

Comment

They want to build you up so they can use you..... they can't really use you at your current state

Comment

There is a void at 135 for a guy like Diaz to fill. I'll always tune in to see good lightweights go at her. Diaz vs Beltran would be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by cantor5150 View Post
          So I guess we could see, Diaz vs Gamboa or M Garcia shoot even Crawford would be good.
          Diaz-gamboa would be cool,Tho i expect diaz to be fed to crawford
          real soon.

Comment

They should have threw Mercito Gesta in with Diaz before letting that bum go. It would have been nice seeing Mercito get whooped by feather fist Diaz.

They would call Dias the Filipino assassin didn't he already whoop on two pinoy boxers already?

Comment

juan, they are using you to build up crawford...pendejo!

Comment

I thought Diaz was smart. He went to law school didnt he, but he blind is he thinks tr really believes in him. He will most likely get thrown to Shafikov or Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                  I thought Diaz was smart. He went to law school didnt he, but he blind is he thinks tr really believes in him. He will most likely get thrown to Shafikov or Crawford.
                  What I am thinking is TR gave him the best financial offer, Golden Boy was going to use him a stepping stone anyway and had no more use for him.

Diaz in his prime was a crazy pressure fighter, but with no power lol. He should give a good fight to Crawford before he gets knocked out. Diaz is the type of fighter Crawford needs to fight to make him look good to the casual fan.

When you have a technical boxer you need to supply him with a lot of come forward fighters, this is how they used to build Floyd Mayweather at top rank feed him come forward guys so he can get some KO's and shine.

Comment

There using him for crawford????? Gb fanboys. Just like gb would use him for Figueroa. Stop being d riders

Comment

Working...
                    X