Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute vs. Grachev in Play For November 3 at The Bell Centre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute vs. Grachev in Play For November 3 at The Bell Centre

Former super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (30-1, 24KOs) is returning to the ring on November 3rd at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. Bute, coming off his devastating TKO loss to Carl Froch, is going against another puncher in Denis Grachev of Russia. Grachev (12-0-1, 8 KOs), as some may remember, recently secured a stunning upset with an eight round TKO over the highly rated Ismayl Sillakh (17-1-0, 14 KOs). If Bute wins this contest, then he will move on to a March rematch with Carl Froch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like the fight is taking place at a catch-weight of 170-pounds

Comment

Good to see him getting back into the ring, its what he needs, Froch beats him again in my opinion but fair play to him for coming back.

Comment

Bad idea, it only took Grachev one right hand to wobble Sillakh. Got to see that in person, crowd went ape after booing Sillakh for dancing 7 rounds.

Grachev is tough as hell, I wonder what the matchmakers are thinking...

Comment

This is a dangerous fight Silakh may have been outboxing Grachev but Silakh is very talented Grachev will be dangerous but Lucian should be able to take care off him Silakh was gunning for the KO.WAR BUTE

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
            Bad idea, it only took Grachev one right hand to wobble Sillakh. Got to see that in person, crowd went ape after booing Sillakh for dancing 7 rounds.

Dave, I think Bute is probably calling the shots (along with advice) & he wants to prove that the Froch bout was an abnormality.

Let's be honest, Bute could outbox pretty much anyone but Ward & maybe Dirrell. He NEEDS to go in against a banger for his own peace of mind. He's not an up & coming kid. To prepare for a Froch rematch he has to build up his confidence against a punching man.

Comment

There's a real chance that Bute gets iced here.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post

Sillakh was a KO waiting to happen and the same exact thing would've happened to him sooner or later against almost anybody with decent power even someone like Miranda/Andrade could've dropped him. Grachev is a very bad boxer (almost amateurish) and is on the level of a journeyman TBH, he's going to get destroyed against Bute within 5 rounds IMO.

Comment

bute is too good of a boxer...Grachev has a punchers chance here but thats about it. still hard to believe how glass bute's jaw was - even after watching the Andrade fight

Comment

I like this matchup......

Comment

Working...
                    X