• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just replaced the WBA on my most hated list

Comment

translation of the allboxing.ru article:

Pirog can compete only for Golovkin's WBA title

Middleweight world champion WBO 31-year-old Russian Dmitry Pirog and WBA world champion in the same weight of 30-year-old Gennady Golovkin Kazakhstan Boxer if the parties reach agreement, will fight only for the title of WBA.

The world boxing Organization (WBO) refused to authorize this fight. WBO insists that Pirog held title against interim champion, Frenchman, Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam.

It should be reminded that an American promoter of Pirog, Arthur Pelullo, said that the fight between Pirog and Golovkin is 90% complete.
      On another Russian website they say the WBO had already refused to sanction Geale-Pirog, so then Geale decided to go ahead with the Sturm fight.

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...a-s-Golovkinim

Comment

this is what's wrong in boxing.
        well one of the many things

Comment

I hope that Pirog drops the WBO

Comment

This is so ****ed up. I'll respect Pirog more if he decides to drop the belt and take a risk. Why aren't they sanctioning the fight? it seems like a no-brainer, do they gain anything by not sanctioning?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Because he's a WBO champ I think.
              Nevertheless **** THE WBO
              Cool but Pirog has had 3 voluntary fights since winning the vacate belt against Jacobs while Cleverly has had 2 fights so i do know what the other posters were talking about cleverly getting special treatment for.

Comment

**** the wbo!! Was looking forward to this

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Cool but Pirog has had 3 voluntary fights since winning the vacate belt against Jacobs while Cleverly has had 2 fights so i do know what the other posters were talking about cleverly getting special treatment for.
                  No.

Gennady Martirosyan was Pirog's mandatory.

Cleverly has never fought a mandatory - Karpency and Bellew were not Nathan's mandatories.

Kuziemski (with whom Cleverly fought for the the vacant title) isn't very good and had previously been easily beaten by Nathan's mandatory since 2011 Dmitry Sukhotsky.

Sukhotsky is a good fighter, and that's why Cleverly had been so reluctant to fight him.

Comment

If Pirog is serious about expanding his fight base and getting bigger fights, he'll drop his title.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      This is so ****ed up. I'll respect Pirog more if he decides to drop the belt and take a risk. Why aren't they sanctioning the fight? it seems like a no-brainer, do they gain anything by not sanctioning?
                      It doesn't make sense because they have an interim titlist. So they can make sanctioning fees off of 2 bouts instead of just one.

They told Pirog he must fight N'dam next. A bout which he had originally agreed to but then was injured. Instead of moving forward with N'dam, Pirog chose to unify.

I think that when there's a unification the sanctioning fee percentage drops with each different belt on the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X