No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Greenburg Confirms HBO Depature, Insiders Claim Spin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Greenburg Confirms HBO Depature, Insiders Claim Spin

Ross Greenburg, the now former President of HBO Sports, has stated to Richard Sandomir of the New York Times that he was not fired.

[Click Here To Read More]

I say hire the guy who runs boxing at espn.They have the right idea in
    making good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      I say hire the guy who runs boxing at espn.They have the right idea in
      making good fights.
      Hell no man, leave that guy there to make us good fights every single Friday.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing Mark Taffet get the gig.............

Comment

I just wish this means we'll see the right fights getting made more often.

Comment

Greenburg OUT...Arum IN. Send Ross Greenburg and his lieutenants heads rolling out the door and request Bob Arum to take charge of HBO boxing. Nobody in boxing knows better than father Bob and he got a lot of good boxers. There won't be any dull moments with Bob Arum running HBO boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Gutierrez View Post
              Greenburg OUT...Arum IN. Send Ross Greenburg and his lieutenants heads rolling out the door and request Bob Arum to take charge of HBO boxing. Nobody in boxing knows better than father Bob and he got a lot of good boxers. There won't be any dull moments with Bob Arum running HBO boxing.
              How did Bob Arum being in charge of their boxing programming work out for Versus?

Comment

Looks like Floyd coming back in September isn't enough for Greenburg to keep his job. What are the current odds on Kerry Davis?

The problem with Greenburg stems well beyond losing Pacquiao, Cotto, and emerging star Brandon Rios. The man simply has no understanding of what makes for good boxing. He's paying these half-assed fighters very high wages (P. Williams, Alexander, Bradley, Dawson) for boring fights. Debacles in some cases!

Davis needs to get out. Someone who is a professional matchmaker, Bruce Trampler from Top Rank, to get the best matches and value for dollar.

Comment

Bring back Captain Lou. Never really was a huge fan of him as a person and he comes off as a real douchebag, but he did boxing right when he was in charge.

But nothing is changing without getting rid of Kerry Davis too.

Comment

I just hope who ever it is, makes the fights that the boxing freaks want to watch. Like Pacman vs Money, Canelo vs Chavez Jr, Broner vs Gamboa, Khan vs Berto at 147,Marquez vs Rios at 140, have Angulo fight the winner of Cotto vs Margarito, Sergio Martinez vs king Arthur at 160, Ward vs Bute,Donaire vs the Mares vs Agbeko winner, Segura vs Ramon Gonzales at 112, Juan Ma Lopez vs caballero at 130, If he wins in October, Clould vs the B Hop vs Dawson winner, Arce vs Vasquez 2 and Alexander vs Soto at 140.Just to name a few fights that the new guy should put on his list.

Comment

Working...
                    X