No announcement yet.

The 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years (The Ring) 02/03

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
    mayweather is top 50 no doubt, this list is missing pretty boy. and i'll be happy to explain why to anybody who has a problem with it. what he accomplished in 10 years is amazing, and only hearns can argue that.
    What, after a career of nothing but WBC titles, and failure to meet many of his best peers or unify a single division? There are at least 50 fighters in history whose accomplishments and resumes surpass Mayweather's.

So my question is, who gets booted out of the top 50 to make way for Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by PanamenianFan View Post
      I know RJJ is a very talented boxer, but do you think beat John Ruiz is enough prove that we would be a competitive Heavyweight and would be able to win or give problem to joe louis?. John Ruiz is not at that level i think.
      No i never said ''win'', but yes maybe a problems, and don't bring just because he only beat ''Ruiz, Michael Spinks went up and beat the number 1 heavyweight in Larry Holmes in his first heavyweight bout, and he never just beat Ruiz he whiped washed him and looked brillant doing it.

And yes i think maybe Jones could cause Louis problems and especaily if Jones could fight Louis in his era because he could come in even lighter when he fought Ruiz, he could come his LHW weight or around 180 so he would be even faster, and because Jones would be so scared of Louis's power i think he would be extra fast and make sure his reflexes are extra quick, And Louis was very flat footed and a slow mover and if you look at his career when he fought quick footed and hands fighters he sometimes struggled etc Conn, Walcott, Charles.

So yes I think Jones could cause him problems, and yes Louis has easily got the power to KO Jones but you have to hit him clean and in is prime that was very hard to do. So yes Louis may come out the victor put i think Jones does cause's him problems.
      Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 05-07-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deemo View Post
        is this list from 2002?
        Yes..........
        Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 05-07-2009, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
          mayweather is top 50 no doubt, this list is missing pretty boy. and i'll be happy to explain why to anybody who has a problem with it. what he accomplished in 10 years is amazing, and only hearns can argue that.
          This list was made in 2002, maybe that is why he is not consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
            No i never said ''win'', but yes maybe a problems, and don't bring just because he only beat ''Ruiz, Michael Spinks went up and beat the number 1 heavyweight in Larry Holmes in his first heavyweight bout, and he never just beat Ruiz he whiped washed him and looked brillant doing it. And yes i think maybe Jones could cause Louis problems and especaily if Jones could fight Louis in his era because he could come in even lighter when he fought Ruiz, he could come his LHW weight or around 180 so he would be even faster, and because Jones would be so scared of Louis's power i think he would be extra fast and make sure his reflexes are extra quick, And Louis was very flat footed and a slow mover and if you look at his career when he fought quick footed and hands fighters he sometimes struggled etc Conn,Walcott,Charles.So yes i think Jones could cause him problems, and yes Louis has easily got the power to ko Jones but you have to hit him clean and in is prime that was very hard to do.So yes Louis may come out the victor put i think Jones does cause's him problems.
            Good point. I think in this Fantasy Fight if the fight is for 15 rounds, that would be a problem for RJJ, Louis has to work the body to slow him down too. RJJ has a reach of 74" and Louis has a reach of 76". I put my money to Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by PanamenianFan View Post
              Good point. I think in this Fantasy Fight if the fight is for 15 rounds, that would be a problem for RJJ, Louis has to work the body to slow him down too. RJJ has a reach of 74" and Louis has a reach of 76". I put my money to Louis.
              Yeah a 15 round fight could work in Louis's favour aswell as he would have more time to catch Jones and wear him down.

As Louis once said ''They can run but they can't hide'' Don't think reach would play a huge factor there is only 2 inches between them Jones ''74'' and Louis ''76''. Conn's reach was only ''72½“, Charles's reach was only 73“and Walcott reach was only 74“, so Jones has more reach than Conn and Charles and is even with Walcott, and these all caused him trouble and reach didn't play a big factor.
              Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 05-07-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Pryor is too high. Sanchez a bit too high as well. Hearns is too low.

Comment

Duran is too high and Hearns too low in my opinion. Hearns knocked out Duran and fought and beat more legends.

Comment

Originally posted by MAG6333 View Post
                    Duran is too high and Hearns too low in my opinion. Hearns knocked out Duran and fought and beat more legends.
                    whaaat.....

duran has a better resume than hearns, and he beat more legends

(duran actually managed to beat leonard) while hearns' run up the weights was just as impressive as durans, durans longevity at championship level is a big up for him.....at 38 he won the middleweight title off barkely, who knocked hearns out

i think duran is ranked higher because:

1. he managed to beat leonard
                    2. he made his run up the weights when he was past his true prime, and still did very well
                    3. he was still fighting for world titles at 47 years old
                    4. he probably has a better resume than hearns, and he also beat the guy who KO'd hearns
                    5. he went the distance with hagler, who knocked tommy out
                    6. he was durable as hell, like was mentioned above, who is still fighting for major belts at 47??? i cant think of anyone at that age or around it besides big george and bhop...and the most incredible thing is duran wasnt like george who had a short career, and a long lay off, and he wasnt a defensive guy like b-hop who turned pro late and hadnt taken much punishment.....he was an aggressive fighter who turned pro at 16 and had been through the meat grinder...had been KO'd, gone up in weight, dramatic highs and lows...and yet he fought at championship level from the 70's until the 90's

thats crazy, and thats the main reason he is ranked so high

although i agree hearns is ranked too low, he shouldnt be above duran, and duran deserves his spot
                    Last edited by KostyaTszyu44; 12-23-2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Gee...no Klitschkos,aren't they the greatest of all time???

Comment

Working...
                      X