No announcement yet.

HBO should sell boxing DVD's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
    Why would you buy all those DVDs when you could pay this one website that has all the fights 30 bucks for a year and download them in hd that's a whole year of fights for 30 even the ppv next day or few days of course but come on **** hbo they don't need more money.
    You got digital cable? If you do and you have hbo just get hbo go it comes free for your computer or a app on your phone and you can watch fights they had on recently or the classics they put up they have the 24/7 and ring life's too
    I like having the physical copy in hand. I appreciate the box art, the special features (if any), its a collectors mindset. (of course im referring to movies). I'm a huge exploitation nerd, and nothing beats official releases.

I have a vast collection of fights on my external-HD but id much rather have a physical official copy in hand.

Comment

Imagine all the amazing footage they have that wasn't aired during the original broadcasts. Different camera angles, between rounds etc.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        Imagine all the amazing footage they have that wasn't aired during the original broadcasts. Different camera angles, between rounds etc.
        Exactly!...

Comment

I've been saying this for awhile, or at least put them on ITunes or something.

Comment

If they did, they'd declare open war on simbros!

I see where you're coming from but I like the fact that some boxing fans put in the time and effort to share their fight collections with others for free, just for the love of boxing.

I appreciate the sentiment.

Comment

I wish I could have some of the old classic fights up-scaled in their original format but the problem is this:

HBO does not own all the footage, in most instances the promoters of a specific fight (e.g. Don King Promotions) will own it and HBO will only buy a portion of the material say for promotional reasons e.g (build up to fight montage). In essence is the damn greedy promoters who sit on the footage. HBO does have an extensive library archive (check on their website) but they are not keen on sharing unless it's a big replay for PPV or in special instances the death of Arturo Gatti where they showed the whole Gatti-Ward Trilogy.
              Last edited by damuttz112; 12-15-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

You got digital cable? If you do and you have hbo just get hbo go it comes free for your computer or a app on your phone and you can watch fights they had on recently or the classics they put up they have the 24/7 and ring life's too
                I'm from the UK, wish we could get HBO over here but we can't. They show most of the fights here but HBO does it best.

Comment

I bought Calzaghe-Lacy on iTunes for $1.99.

It was well worth it and I was surprised to never see boxing on iTunes after that.

Comment

Why would you buy all those DVDs when you could pay this one website that has all the fights 30 bucks for a year and download them in hd that's a whole year of fights for 30 even the ppv next day or few days of course but come on **** hbo they don't need more money.
                    what website is this?

Comment

If they did they should go all out and release the whole televised PPV card, weigh-in, 24/7 episodes, face-off, and backstage footage. But to be real, I would only pay $70 tops for something like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X