No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darren Barker Prepared To Batter Kerry Hope on 12/8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darren Barker Prepared To Batter Kerry Hope on 12/8

Darren Barker is ready to renew his assault on the middleweight division and end another "soul-destroying" year ravaged by injury.

Barker meets fellow former European title holder Kerry Hope at Olympia on December 8 knowing an impressive victory will propel him onto the fringes of the world title reckoning.

A torn bicep forced last month's clash with Simone Rotolo to be cancelled and not for the first time Barker, who was stopped in 11 rounds by the brilliant WBC world champion Sergio Martinez 12 months ago, thought his career was over.

The 30-year-old was back in an all-too familiar place having undergone arthroscopy on both hips and endured injuries to both elbows.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hope is the perfect comeback opponent for Barker after his injuries and inactivity.

Comment

Gotta wish Barker all the best. One of boxing's genuinely nice guys.

Comment

Barker is a likeable guy, hope he does well, the guys been plagued by bad luck and injuries. He should batter Hope, and a Murray or Macklin fight would do well in a smaller stadium in England, and If he performs at his best he has the beating of those two. I'd love to see him get the chance against Pirog.

Comment

I guess I can't be too mad with Barker fighting Hope, he needs to get back in the loop after being out for an entire year. Hopefully he fights Proksa in April/May/June 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I guess I can't be too mad with Barker fighting Hope, he needs to get back in the loop after being out for an entire year. Hopefully he fights Proksa in April/May/June 2013.
            I'd be down for that.... would be a really interesting fight to see who'll come out on top

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              I'd be down for that.... would be a really interesting fight to see who'll come out on top
              They were rumored to be opponents, but Proksa went on to fight GGG after Barker got injured.

Comment

Is the vacant British title on the line & if not why not?

Comment

Decent test.

Hope is a complete non-puncher but he's obviously no mug,

Comment

Glad to see Barker is finally set to fight again. Last year was not good to him or Pirog.

Comment

Working...
                    X