Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Beltran The Toughest Fight of Ricky Burns' Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Beltran The Toughest Fight of Ricky Burns' Career

Promoter Eddie Hearn has only to look at challenger Raymundo Beltran's entourage to realise how big a threat he will be to Ricky Burns in their WBO lightweight title fight at the SECC in Glasgow on Saturday night.

The 32-year-old Mexican, a former sparring partner of boxing legend Manny Pacquiao, arrived in Glasgow earlier than normal for a title fight and with a big backroom team, all confident of victory against the Scottish champion.

Hearn believes the extra preparation Beltran's camp is putting into their fighter indicates how serious they are of taking Burns' belt.

"It is standard procedure in any contract to give an away fighter seven days' accommodation and flights for their team," said Hearn. [Click Here To Read More]

ahhh.. "Beltran is Burns' toughest fight"?? hmmm... Burns was FAR behind on the scorecards in his last defense vs Jose Gonzalez before he "checked out" claiming an injury after nine rounds. Burns better hope that Hearn is wrong and that Beltran isn't any tougher than Gonzalez or else...

Comment

Originally posted by EZ E View Post
      ahhh.. "Beltran is Burns' toughest fight"?? hmmm... Burns was FAR behind on the scorecards in his last defense vs Jose Gonzalez before he "checked out" claiming an injury after nine rounds. Burns better hope that Hearn is wrong and that Beltran isn't any tougher than Gonzalez or else...
      I think he means on paper, Mr Zed.

If you compare Beltrans record to Gonzalez it's no contest. The fact that Gonzalez gave Burns fits is another matter.

Gonzalez lost so you could say that his bouts against Arthur or Johanssen were his toughest fights as Burns lost those.

Comment

Really like Ricky and think he's a solid fighter. I'll be pulling for him on Saturday, but I think Crawford boxes his ears off if they fight. Hope I'm wrong, but if Gonzalez gave him fits I think Crawford gives him full blown tantrums.

Then again, Burns may have been overtrained for Gonzalez and had some rust after all those cancellations. He did not look like himself in there last tiem out. War Burns

Comment

hasn't been a very tough career then

Comment

Hearn is another d1ckless no shame promoter. He is taking a page of the Arum book that every opponent is the toughest challenge for their fighter

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Hearn is another d1ckless no shame promoter. He is taking a page of the Arum book that every opponent is the toughest challenge for their fighter
              It is certainly debatable whether Beltran is Burns' toughest opponent but it is a perfectly legitimate fight to me. Eddie Hearn seems about as honest a boxing promoter as i've seen even if he is slightly David Brent-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                d1ckless? He's throwing Groves in with Froch....
                He's throwing Bruns in with a proven opponent
                I don't think that's d1ckless

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                  d1ckless? He's throwing Groves in with Froch....
                  He's throwing Burns in with a proven opponent
                  I don't think that's d1ckless
                  To be fair, the IBF ordered that bout.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    To be fair, the IBF ordered that bout.
                    If Hearn were really like Arum, he'd have Froch vacate or have Groves change weight classes lol

Comment

Working...
                    X