No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maskaev Could Face Peter or Barrett on December 17th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maskaev Could Face Peter or Barrett on December 17th

Former WBC heavyweight Oleg Maskaev (36-7, 27KOs) could return on December 17th in Moscow, according to well known Russian promoter Vladimir Hyrunov. Maskaev, inactive for over three years, would be part of the card that features WBA cruiserweight champion Denis Lebedev fighting Colombian Santander Silgado.

[Click Here To Read More]

Maskaev will get crushed...

Comment

all of these recycled heavyweights. good grief. no wonder the division is DEADER than disco.

Comment

Unfortunately what happens is that WHOEVER the "winner" is on paper, will be considered a "rejuvinated" contender who is "next in line" for a "major world title shot"...

blah

Comment

Barrett vs maskaev sounds not too bad! i dont think peter will return

Comment

Peter-Maskaev already happened and Peter won. I know boxing history is littered with great fighters rebuilding confidence vs opponents they already beat easily...

but Barrett/Maskaev I think would at least be a better fight and it hasn't happened...let them scrap and make their money

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
              all of these recycled heavyweights. good grief. no wonder the division is DEADER than disco.
              Don't see how two old heavyweights fighting means the division is dead. It's not like any of these guys are going anywhere.

But if they want to fight, they can fight. That would be the same in any era.

And the Russians love putting older American boxers with a name on their cards, like Roy Jones Jr., who isn't a heavyweight but nevertheless is washed up.

Comment

thought Maskaev was retired already? guess not
                he was never more than just a journeyman level guy anyway
                can't believe Peter is coming back after 2 successive KO's
                both are gonna end up with brain damage

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  thought Maskaev was retired already? guess not
                  he was never more than just a journeyman level guy anyway
                  can't believe Peter is coming back after 2 successive KO's
                  both are gonna end up with brain damage
                  maskaev was a fringe contender. he fought many contenders over the years. he was an old warhorse with one punch knockout power in both hands. he had a sneaky left hook but his chin was always his achilles heel. if he had a better chin then he would have been a force. he was B level & won a world title. he had rahman's number. rahman always had trouble seeing a good left hook. wlad, lennox, tua & maskaev were all able to hit rahman with relative ease with it. he beat all the journeymen & had a few solid wins but for the most part he was a fringe contender. i would rate him higher then journeyman myself but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Maskaev vs Sam Peter would be really a "last man standing" contest....
                    let's do it..i can see each guy hitting the canvas more than once, they are both hard hitting and got no defence to begin with, can be funny to watch on a free stream from German TV

Comment

Working...
                    X