No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Povetkin vs Rahman, Pulev-Ustinov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Povetkin vs Rahman, Pulev-Ustinov

The weights are in for tomorrow's big show in Hamburg, Germany. WBA "regular" heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin came in at 103.9 Kg / 229.06 lbs, while challenger and former two-time beltholder Hasim Rahman was 116.4 Kg / 256.62 lbs.

[Click Here To Read More]

All four heavyweights could lose a few pounds of bellyfat.

You'd think they'd be more motivated to stay in better shape.

Comment

ustinov and pulev should be a better fight than rahman povetkin lol

Comment

Pulev looks more out of shape than in recent fights, or so it seems.

God damn, why are these guys who are professional boxers, that chubby or fat???

I honestly feel like the Klitschko's and Haye are the only in shape guys in the Top 10 at HW right now. Boytsov is pretty in shape usually at least.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Pulev looks more out of shape than in recent fights, or so it seems.

God damn, why are these guys who are professional boxers, that chubby or fat???

I honestly feel like the Klitschko's and Haye are the only in shape guys in the Top 10 at HW right now. Boytsov is pretty in shape usually at least.
          Tomasz Adamek is always in decent shape.

Glazkov, Abdusalamov, Price, Jennings, Wilder and several others are keeping themselves in good shape.

Comment

A shame for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Because they are the exception. Heavyweight world champs were always chubby (Ali, Frazier, Larry Holmes, Foreman, Valuev etc.)

Only rarely heavyweight champs are athletic. Klitschko, Haye and Tyson are exceptions, not the rule.

Comment

Geez, I was hoping that Rahman would come to fight in at least decent shape. And after watching Pusvetkin as of late I gave Rahman a chance if he had done so. But as usual he looks like a fat freakin pig. I have to ask aren't these Alphabet organizations even slightly embarrassed about the condition of the fighters? I know there is no weight limit at HW but why can't they put it in the contract that the fighter has to at least come in at a reasonable fighting weight?

Comment

WACH is in great shape already for Wladdy.

Rahman is a joke -- still has a huge gut. Povetkin did 135 rounds of sparring so he must be in some kind of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by jisi View Post
                    A shame for boxing.
                    Kind of overstated a little bit.

Rahman is a fat pig for sure.

So is Ustinov.

Pulev and Povetkin look fine -- it's not a bodybuilding contest.

Rahman is getting knocked out quick-like.

Pulev is gonna kill Ustinov as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X