No announcement yet.

I think Floyd will hit the canvas once against Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Floyd has fought much better fighters that bring much more adversity than Victor Ortiz could ever bring in his dreams.

It's a legit fight, absolutely.

A test? No.

Maybe for the first 9 minutes it will be some what of a test.
    Keep in mind, southpaws usually, actually most of the time don't even have a right hook. Corley caught Floyd with it a couple of times, it's not so much that he couldn't defend against it because he could, it's that fighters aren't used to facing southpaws who posses that punch. By the way, it also had something to do with Floyd reverting back to the the philly shell defense which isn't that effective against southpaws. If Floyd reverts back to the shoulder roll, he's open over the top with the right hook, Ortiz could then follow up with the right uppercut.

It's still something Floyd isn't used to seeing, looking at Floyd's entire career, he hasn't fought a southpaw with a better right hook. Also keep in mind, 2006 was the last time he fought a southpaw, that was 5 years ago...it's a test man.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 06-11-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
      Right hook right uppercut, who's Floyd faced who can throw that combination like Ortiz does? Floyd has this, Ortiz's never been in with a defensive fighter like Floyd, but it's still something to look at.
      Its definitely more dangerous than Mosley or Hatton to me. Because the kid is accurate. Floyd will do a lot of clinching after landing that right. The blueprint on Ortiz is take him in the mid to late rounds. Not that he tires but his mind betrays him. Rounds 1-6 will be very interesting. It always is when one person has nothing to lose and the other has everything to lose. Im a big fan of Vic too and just like going into the Berto fight these haters shouldnt let their emotions rule their thinking.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Floyd has fought much better fighters that bring much more adversity than Victor Ortiz could ever bring in his dreams.

It's a legit fight, absolutely.

A test? No.

Maybe for the first 9 minutes it will be some what of a test.
      Floyd's fought better fighters but Ortiz couyld hit him with that one he doesnt see. It should be one sided on paper but I'd be reluctant to take Vic for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Its definitely more dangerous than Mosley or Hatton to me. Because the kid is accurate. Floyd will do a lot of clinching after landing that right. The blueprint on Ortiz is take him in the mid to late rounds. Not that he tires but his mind betrays him. Rounds 1-6 will be very interesting. It always is when one person has nothing to lose and the other has everything to lose. Im a big fan of Vic too and just like going into the Berto fight these haters shouldnt let their emotions rule their thinking.

Floyd's fought better fighters but Ortiz couyld hit him with that one he doesnt see. It should be one sided on paper but I'd be reluctant to take Vic for granted.
        The thing is, every time Corley, Judah had Mayweather stunned or hurt (Judah never hurt him) they threw a barrage of punches, this while Floyd back into the ropes, unlike them...Ortiz will actually rip uppercuts down the middle. Alot is being overlooked, I'm confident Floyd takes this but Victor has some very good tools. The thing I've always questioned about Vic was his heart...

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
          He's only 24.

I do remember that, and the reason why I remember that specific punch so well is because I've rarely seen Mayweather whiff a punch... and when he threw that and missed, it was ugly!
          That straight right whiffed hooooooooooorrrriiibly. Had it been against an alert and sharp counter-puncher, Mayweather could've been hit very easily in that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by WALDO. View Post
            Keep in mind, southpaws usually, actually most of the time don't even have a right hook. Corley caught Floyd with it a couple of times, it's not so much that he couldn't defend against it because he could, it's that fighters aren't used to facing southpaws who posses that punch. By the way, it also had something to do with Floyd reverting back to the the philly shell defense which isn't that effective against southpaws. If Floyd reverts back to the shoulder roll, he's open over the top with the right hook, Ortiz could then follow up with the right uppercut.

It's still something Floyd isn't used to seeing, looking at Floyd's entire career, he hasn't fought a southpaw with a better right hook. Also keep in mind, 2006 was the last time he fought a southpaw, that was 5 years ago...it's a test man.
            We'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't believe for a second that Victor Ortiz uppercut will give him any problems and I presume if he lands it more than a few times it will be completely taken out of the fight.

Ortiz does those same barrages against the ropes when he has you hurt. He tends to go wild and throw wild combinations.

The only reason I believe it might be somehwhat a test is the inactivity of Mayweather. If that hasn't effected him then it won't be remotely a test IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthMatters View Post
              Typical ***** trying to hype the fight when its not even competitive, if peterson can outbox ortiz, floyd will circle around him before he even gets a shot
              But Ortiz vs Pac = Ortiz is a Warrior, and would be able to go toe to toe with the Great Pacman.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=29

Already told you before tell the Truth.

Comment

They keep saying Ortiz is green. I don't think it is true. He's been boxing since he was seven. He was an entrant for the Olympics but didn't make it and he turned professional at 17. He's going to be 25 when and if the fight happens. No way he is green. he's been boxing for 18 years. Maybe he doesn't have all of Mayweather's skills but it's not because he is green. It's not like he started boxing at 18 or 20 years of age.

They say he will quit. I doubt it very much. This is the opportunity of a lifetime. He'll go the limit in this one. He only quit against Madaina because he thought better days were ahead and he didn't want to ruin himself for that chance. The time is now with a Mayweather fight. He also received so much criticism from that episode that he is dead certain to never do that again. I don't think Mayweather can punish him enough to make him quit. Did Mayweather make Marquez or Mosley quit, no, and he tried.

Marquez was too small to make a competitive fight and Mosley was too old and was afraid too pull the trigger after the third round. Ortiz is neither. I am definitely pulling for Ortiz. I think Mayweather picked him because he has credibility but Mayweather thinks he has weaknesses to exploit. I hope he he has miscalculated. Mayweather still is scared to fight Pacman and that is transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                  But Ortiz vs Pac = Ortiz is a Warrior, and would be able to go toe to toe with the Great Pacman.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=29

Already told you before tell the Truth.

Well done.

Comment

Working...
                  X