Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does nobody ever mention Moorer vs Cooper when talking about wars?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does nobody ever mention Moorer vs Cooper when talking about wars?

Honestly everyone talk about Klits vs Lewis and Tua vs Ibeubuchi or Foreman vs Lyle what about Moorer vs Cooper?

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
    Honestly everyone talk about Klits vs Lewis and Tua vs Ibeubuchi or Foreman vs Lyle what about Moorer vs Cooper?
    I watched that, A lot of HW Fights in the 90's were wars. I mean you can make a very very long list of HW Wars from the 90's era.

The midgets and smaller weight classes have taken over boxing forums. 90% of the fans are into weight classes from 130-168 now and most HW fights are forgotten or not talked about anymore.

Tyson-Ruddock I AND I
    Holyfield Cooper
    Ruddock Morrison
    Lewis-Mercer
    Lewis-Bruno
    Golota-Bowe II

they were all very good slug fests.

Moorer was a very underrated fighter. Despite a very short stint at 175, I would easily pick Moorer to lay Roy Jones Jr out cold at LHW

Comment

It's sad that the only thing Moorer is really known for is getting knocked out by George Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post

Moorer was a very underrated fighter. Despite a very short stint at 175, I would easily pick Moorer to lay Roy Jones Jr out cold at LHW

Moorer was way too big for Roy at 175, the way Roy cherry-picked he wouldn't have never fought Moorer, shame Moorer didn't listen to Teddy during the Foreman fight, his career would have been different if he would have pull a De La Hoya/ Trinidad during the championship rounds.

Comment

We'll never see another fight like that. Fighters rarely fight on the inside any more, they prefer to hold because they get away with it.

Comment

Because the rest of the guys you mentioned have fans

Comment

Moorer was big and powerful at 175 but fought soft opposition. I can't pick him over any great LHWs because he was so unproven and against the top LHW he faced in an aging Leslie Stewart, he didn't look all that great.

Moorer-Cooper was an awesome fight. There were a lot of entertaining HW fights in the late 80s and early 90s.

Holyfield-Dokes
              Holyfield-Stewart 1
              Ruddock-Smith
              Tyson-Ruddock 2
              Holyfield-Foreman
              Holyfield-Cooper
              Moorer-Cooper
              Moorer-Stewart
              Mercer-Cooper
              Bowe-Holyfield
              Morrison-Hipp
              Morrison-Williams