No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez' best performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wmute View Post
    That is a good one too. As I mentioned, my personal favorite is the Camacho fight.
    Are you talking about Rosario's fight with Camacho, or Chavez's?

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      Are you talking about Rosario's fight with Camacho, or Chavez's?
      Rosario's. I know it's an L, but I still like that fight a lot (and no I am no camacho fan)

As far as OT. For me it's a tossup between jc-rosario and jc-camacho

Comment

Rosario's. I know it's an L, but I still like that fight a lot (and no I am no camacho fan)

As far as OT. For me it's a tossup between jc-rosario and jc-camacho
        It was an excellent and intriguing fight. I don't think, as good as Rosario was, a lot of people were expecting him to give Camacho that kind of trouble and it was awesome to see Camacho rocked like that.

A rare instance where a fighter was kinda ruined (mentally) even though they won.

Comment

I agree that the Rosario fight was Julio Cesar Chavez's best performance but a fight that truely showed Chavez's underrated boxing ability was his first title fight against Mario Martinez. It was also that fight that got me to notice him as a special fighter as well.

Comment

I think Chavez has become rather underrated in recent years. You only need to watch the Rosario fight to see that Chavez was one of the absolute greats of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              I think Chavez has become rather underrated in recent years. You only need to watch the Rosario fight to see that Chavez was one of the absolute greats of the sport.
              I think people look at the Taylor and Whitaker controversies and are so angered by those results it makes them bigger critics of Chavez.

What I really find strange is how in one breath someone will tell you that Whitaker is the slickest fighter they've ever seen , and then in the next breath act like Chavez is garbage for having been schooled by him.

Comment

Why didn't Whitaker get that decision anyway? And why was the first Randall fight scored closer that it should have been? It's as if there were people keeping Chavez from losing close decisions. Was this corruption in those cases or stupidity or a little of both? Now way that Whitaker fight was a draw. Chavez and Whitaker are two of my favorites, by the way.

Comment

That is why I asked what Jabs meant by best, because I can definitely relate to the notion that best is not necessarily hardest and vice versa. If you include in the equation the way power is used then Chapo gains a lot on ground on Jacksons.

Lol... I just convinced myself to watch the Camacho fight one of these days.
                  i watched the camacho fight live in a friends apartmentin 92. the best part about it was the ppv buildup the fight itself was boring as hell and mostly because of camacho.

chavez does something you dont really see anymore, movement and placement of punches intelligently, he wasnt just some reckless power puncher, he also cut the ring off sucessfully. he wasnt super scientific but he wasnt some neanderthal neither, it took the greatness of whitaker to bringhim down. and by then he wasnt the same anyway. not that it would have been any different earlier.

Comment

Working...
                  X