Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Toney: I'll Kick Povetkin's Ass After Lebedev!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Toney: I'll Kick Povetkin's Ass After Lebedev!

All-time-great boxing champion James "Lights Out" Toney is turning a negative into a positive… As in he’s positive he’s going to Russia to kick Denis Ledbedev’s ass. Toney has decided to re-focus on his boxing career and target the #1 cruiserweight contender Denis Ledbedev, who recently knocked out one of his old-time rivals, Roy Jones Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You're shot to pieces too. When was your last big win?

Comment

The WBA would probably rank him #1 even if he lost his next fight to be honest.

Comment

His last big win was when he cheated against Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          His last big win was when he cheated against Ruiz.
          lol! actually he did use steroids for an injury from his prior fight with holyfield i believe...did you see him vs ruiz? the only 6 pack he had was in the fridge.he was not in great shape.i love toney but i'm not sure he will beat lebedev.i can't see him getting stopped but he could get badly outpointed or he could surprise us all again & pull another rabbit out of a hat....he is 42 now not 36 so i really don't know how the weight loss will effect him.he doesnt ever move his feet because he rolls with the punches but he gets hit alot more these days...you are the man james toney & good luck.i won't count you out but you were 257 your last fight....

Comment

The article should read, "A 257 pound Toney pitched a ten-round shutout over total tomato can Damon Reed, but didn't hurt him even once. Reed was recently knocked cold by Deontay Wilder in two rounds."

Comment

James Toney isn't kicking Lebedev's ass, much less Povetkin's.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                James Toney isn't kicking Lebedev's ass, much less Povetkin's.
                Toney is in hock to the IRS and desperate for a big payday. He hasn't got a chance against any top contender at heavyweight or cruiserweight. He's punch-drunk, his reflexes are gone, and weight loss ain't gonna help that.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
                  Toney is in hock to the IRS and desperate for a big payday. He hasn't got a chance against any top contender at heavyweight or cruiserweight. He's punch-drunk, his reflexes are gone, and weight loss ain't gonna help that.
                  actually from what i understand toney is doing quite well financially & had invested wisely.he just wants the attention & spotlight much like roy jones jr.

Comment

kinda looking forward to this, dunno what to expect

Comment

Working...
                    X