Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Bunce says Wlad vs. Haye will be in the US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it ends up in NY, I just might have to go. Hopefully the fight gets made.

Where did you get this information Tunney?

Comment

If it's in Las Vegas in April or May, I'll likely go.

But it's way too hot in Vegas in June and July.

Comment

Thats great news.
        HAYE by KO!

Comment

This sucks so bad. There goes another possibility to see a fight in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
            If it's in Las Vegas in April or May, I'll likely go.

But it's way too hot in Vegas in June and July.
            Does that really matter?!

Comment

Don't care if it isn't in London (I wasn't going to go anyways) but as long as the fight is made, i'm happy.

Comment

Wlad is being slightly fussy imo, esp given he and his brother both said they'd fight him in 09 and they've both messed around a bit. I mean the whole 2/3 rematch thing Wlad was pushing was horrendously ridiculous, and really stands out.

But also, David's not doing himself many favours with his brash attitude at times no doubt, even though it's partially what helped get him this fight.

He's better of beating some top contendors first putting himself in a much stronger position, rather than taking a small pot, in another country, and then still possibly have unfair re match clauses.

These are the only reasons why I think Wlad is up for it now, because if he does happen to get KO'd, he's installing a safety net of rematches so sooner or later a Klitschko wil likely KO him back.

It's childish protectionism.

If however Haye can get a reasonable pot share, maximum of 1 rematch clause, then it's acceptable it's not the country of one of the fighters, where Wlad himself said even he wanted it.

Fair play to Shaefer, he's can be pretty tactful.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                  Wlad is being slightly fussy imo, esp given he and his brother both said they'd fight him in 09 and they've both messed around a bit. I mean the whole 2/3 rematch thing Wlad was pushing was horrendously ridiculous, and really stands out.

But also, David's not doing himself many favours with his brash attitude at times no doubt, even though it's partially what helped get him this fight.

He's better of beating some top contendors first putting himself in a much stronger position, rather than taking a small pot, in another country, and then still possibly have unfair re match clauses.

These are the only reasons why I think Wlad is up for it now, because if he does happen to get KO'd, he's installing a safety net of rematches so sooner or later a Klitschko wil likely KO him back.

It's childish protectionism.

If however Haye can get a reasonable pot share, maximum of 1 rematch clause, then it's acceptable it's not the country of one of the fighters, where Wlad himself said even he wanted it.

Fair play to Shaefer, he's can be pretty tactful.
                  i'm going to a fish and chippery tomorrow, mate

Comment

The fight should be in Europe.

But was the dispute over the fight being in the UK or Germany? If so, and figthing in the more "neutral" USA will resolve it, then do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X