Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Buys: Cotto-Judah or Mayweather-Judah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
    Floyd is the second biggest draw in the sport next to De La Hoya.

Floyd gets 300,000 buys just for fighting, it doesnt matter who. Proof of that is his 320,000 buys when he fought Baldomir.

Cotto is a big draw as well, an even bigger draw now. They reach to two completely different fan bases.

Thats why i say, with some good selling and promoting, this fight definetly does upwards of 400,000.

COTTO-MAYWEATHER is a megafight
    I don't doubt the first part. He's fought the two biggest draws in the sport in recent times on PPV and seems to have picked up a lot of the fairweather PPV buying fans on his bandwagon.

But he owes that 300,000 he got for the Baldy fight almost completely to Gatti. Not only did Arturo put Floyd on the PPV map in the first place, he then put Baldy on the map too. Floyd strolled in and mopped up the suds.

Comment

In México was free =)

Comment

Originally posted by Mochiteco View Post
        In México was free =)
        Lucky bastards, well actually its alright it was a very good fight with a good undercard, I think I got my money's worth since I was there. My Dad (heart condition) and other family members saw the fight in my house because I have a nice setup. Anyway ordered it and I had them Tivo it.

Not as good as the Morales-Pac I with Arce and Hussein Hussein on the undercard though.

Comment

we also happen to watch big boxing fights in the Philippines for free....

lucky us i guess

Comment

Theres noway Floyd can retire with guys like Cotto, Mosley and Hatton still around

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
              I think Cotto-Judah does upwards of 250,000.

Cotto-Mayweather breaks 450,000 easy. The promoting job they would do on that baby would be crazy good. Maybe even 500,000.

If they promote it like they did DLH-MAYWEATHER, then this fight is a GREAT success
              how about 1.5 mil+

Comment

Working...
              X