No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker-Sherman Williams Set For October 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker-Sherman Williams Set For October 16

Rising New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker will finally get to fire his shots against Sherman "The Tank" Williams.

The durable fighter from the Bahamas was confirmed today as Parker's opponent for his October 16 bout in West Auckland.

Parker was due to fight Williams in April on the Wladimir Klitschko undercard in Germany.

But Williams, who was a sparring partner for Klitschko, was tossed out of the world champion's camp and sent home, leaving Parker to dispose of late substitute Marcelo Nascimento (Brazil) with a seventh round knockout on the glamour night in Oberhausen.

Williams felt hard done-by and voiced a desire to get a crack at Parker. His wish has now been granted.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nice step up for Parker. He looks very promising.

Comment

Will be another easy fight for him but he's only had 9 fights so 10th fight against a guy who only really lost to the likes of Chagaev, Helenius, and Charr is not bad.

This kid is active and i'm enjoying his career thus far.

Comment

Good match up for Parker. All he has to do is use his speed and avoid making any stupid mistakes. Williams is tough and heŽll probably give Parker some valuable rounds to teach the kid some patience. Parker by wide UD.

Comment

this a decent fight for parker but he has an upcoming bout in the states in august so maybe booking this fight is premature. i'm assuming the august fight will be of average caliber but still the chance for a cut or injury is possible.

Comment

If The Tank is in shape this is a real test.

Depends on The Tank for me whether he is in shape and comes too win or just coming for one last paycheque

Comment

Working...
            X