No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Ready To Fight Hopkins on March 9 at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly Ready To Fight Hopkins on March 9 at Barclays

As BoxingScene.com first reported on Saturday, former champion Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins (52-6-2, 32KOs) will return on March 9th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Hopkins, who will be 48-years-old by the time of the fight, will attempt to break his own world record. [Click Here To Read More]

Cleverly has zero strength and no training in boxing

Poor Cleverly is devoid of strength in those coat hanger shoulders and throws arm punches without power. Fast hands and zero power make Cleverly another Paulie Mag. The Wales Willy will soon be destroyed by even Pavlik. Allen green takes the Wales Wimp out.

Comment

CLEVERLY is a tough dude really but without power i don't see him beating BHOP,how can he beat THE EX if he can't hurt him?Sad but it's the truth,BHOP will jump on him winning by KO,great way to close a legendary carrer!!!

Comment

Hopefully Cleverly wins with the jab but I'm sure there'll be more interesting things to watch on March 9th.

Comment

Wow, this'd be a boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
            Poor Cleverly is devoid of strength in those coat hanger shoulders and throws arm punches without power. Fast hands and zero power make Cleverly another Paulie Mag. The Wales Willy will soon be destroyed by even Pavlik. Allen green takes the Wales Wimp out.
            hopkins would make this fight into a circus. great matchup.

yep 2nd tier green could wax this guy.
            cleverly unlike calzaghe, khan and a few others you should stay in uk
            and have an excellant career there.

Comment

Would lol if Cleverly sparks him

Comment

Nathan could trouble him with his workrate and hand speed. He also has a great chin. I wouldn't be suprised if Cleverly gets the decision over B-Hop.

Comment

wow 48 years old and still fighting. And for a title none the less

Comment

Can't see how this happens in March.

Cleverly has a mandatory to deal with, only a unification will supercede that.

Hopkins doesn't hold a strap at present so there isn't any way this fight will be Cleverly's next.

Better for Hopkins to win a strap of Cloud or Shumenov then look for Cleverly in a unification later next year.

Presently, the old man has too much knowledge for the young champ and that could well stay the same until next year.

I've never for a second thought that Hopkins used peds but to still be fighting at 48 I'd certainly be looking to have olympic style testing.

The bloke is almost pushing 50 - legend none the less.

Comment

Working...
                    X