Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has a fighter ever looked bad in a fight,then lost his next fight and not get dropped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has a fighter ever looked bad in a fight,then lost his next fight and not get dropped

by the ring and other ranking systems??how the hell do you look bad against someone moving up,then lose your next fight against someone else moving up and not get dropped in the rankings?

i mean damn they dropped Hopkins for looking bad in a fight he won by 8 or 9 rounds

Comment

And they put De La Hoya over prime Roy Jones as P4P #1 for a "win" over Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        And they put De La Hoya over prime Roy Jones as P4P #1 for a "win" over Whitaker.
        atleast he officially won............

Comment

Not much love is lost when you struggle and/or lose to other fighters who are also on that same P4P list.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            Not much love is lost when you struggle and/or lose to other fighters who are also on that same P4P list.
            but to not get dropped at all like the fight didnt happen?

Comment

Thinly veiled Pacquiao hate thread?

Boxrec dropped Pac and moved Bradley up if that makes you happy. Pacquiao didn't lose his last fight, at least according to 99% of people involved in boxing.

I wonder if Floyd should go down after going to war with a post plaster, post Pacquiao, leftover version of Cotto.

Comment

Boxrec ranks based on math formulas. Their rankings shouldn't be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                  atleast he officially won............
                  They didn't drop Lara after he "officially" lost to Williams

Molina is still above Kirkland despite the loss

Richard Abril moved up after an officall loss

BUT

Tavoris Cloud remained at #3 after getting a gift decision

They inconsistent. They recognize robberies sometimes and don't recognize them other times.

Comment

In my eyes it is not about Pac hate, it is just being realistic. Whether the loss was genuine or a crap decision, it is still an official loss, period. To keep Manny at the #1 WW/P4P ranking is total biased BS. Just like this whole exercise has been, the world of boxing was turned on its head because of his loss, which granted was indeed a bad decision, but not by far the worse I or many have ever seen, not even in the past year. If that had been anyone else they would have fell in the rankings. I don't understand why there is so much bias in favor of Manny honestly? Is it just reversed Floyd hate? Is it because Manny is Asian or just because he is exciting? I really do want to understand it. I mean let's be honest, you have Manny ranked above fighters who barely lose even a round in their fights and fighters can barely even be competitive with. You have Manny who went life and death and should have lost to JMM, then lost a decision, even though BS, to Bradley. A guy who came up in weight, and had two bad ankles for 1/2 the fight and Manny still couldn't put away? Who he did not even look that good in beating? And you have Manny ranked above Floyd, Ward, Wlad and Nonito, fighters who barely lose a round in fights they are in? This speaks volumes about the bias that exists.

Comment

Working...
                    X