Anybody else miss Jermain Taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
    Alright next question,

Would you guys like to see him come back? Think he can be great at 160/168?
    At 160/Yes.
    At 168/No.

SMW is loaded with great fighters who could easily beat Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
      i dont wana see him come back at all whoever its against

he doesnt have it anymore,he has no need to risk his health

Yeah you're probably right. It's hard to imagine him being better than the new crop of americans at 168 (Ward, Dirrell, Green), or the rest of the elite at 168.

Comment

Yeah I miss JT, such a shame he lost in such brutal fashion against Pavlik, Froch and AA they really took a tole on him.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
          but didnt you say in the other thread that taylor was ahead against abraham going into the 12th? meaning he was 15 seconds away from winning the fight in your opinion?

he was way behind against abraham though
          Yeah I though he was up on points. But after a hard fight with Froch and two hard fights with Pavlik. He maybe should have faced a light puncher or two. Two fights with Pavlik, Jeff Lacy,Froch, ko twice. He should not of fought Abraham and he paid the price in the 12th round.

Comment

Yeah you're probably right. It's hard to imagine him being better than the new crop of americans at 168 (Ward, Dirrell, Green), or the rest of the elite at 168.
            before he fought AA i would have picked taylor to give ward and dirrell a very hard fight,just due to his style.but now,well i think he is finished,physically and more importantly mentally

Comment

Alright next question,

Would you guys like to see him come back? Think he can be great at 160/168?
              I would like to see him fight again.....just keep him away from punchers!!.....maybe a fight with Calzaghe at 168 won't be as bad as before....NOW they BOTH have been on the shelf collectin' dust and rust.....so who knows?!?.....I doubt he can make 160 anymore.

Comment

I think he could come back all his losses were close fights. Just depends what state his brain is in. I don't know if I have seen a guy come back from three brutal knock outs all in 2 years.

Comment

I remembered people here actually argued that he should
                  be rated higher than Pacquiao P4P after his second win over Hopkins.

Comment

nah. he was a fairly average and dull fighter with the ring iq of a rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X