#1 clue that an up and coming fighter is being over-hyped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 clue that an up and coming fighter is being over-hyped

http://maxboxing.com/

Take a look at the advertisement for the fight on this front page. Anytime you have a guy that has yet to face a contender part of a major promotion like this, and the opponent on the poster looks like Damon Wayans in The Great White Hype, you realize the up and coming guy is more of an investment than an actual commodity.

Showtime is just trying to compete with HBO.

Comment

Showtime has had the better fights overall. Hatton/Tzyu, Coralles/Castillo, and more. HBO has the bigger names though and the better production.

Comment

Showtime blows goats when it comes to their broadcasts though. Their commentators are douchebags that give it an ESPN feel, the lighting is garbage, and they do not replay their fights except PPV. NOT TO MENTION they only put Boxing on around 11pm if not later.

Blowtime.

Comment

yea I mean HBO has larry merchant

Comment

Originally posted by loangunZ
            yea I mean HBO has larry merchant
            Vodka Breath is a world class dickhead no doubt, but seeing him get shutdown by Roid Jones, Big George, Harold Lederman, and even that pantie waste Jim Lampley is added entertainment.

Comment

Devil what fight is that in your avatar

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil
                Showtime blows goats when it comes to their broadcasts though. Their commentators are douchebags that give it an ESPN feel, the lighting is garbage, and they do not replay their fights except PPV. NOT TO MENTION they only put Boxing on around 11pm if not later.

Blowtime.

Not only does all of these things suck when it comes to Showtime but so does the music. Its horrible its not appropriate for boxing. ANd if I have to listen to their non-knowledgable staff talk about boxing one more time I will go to the network myself and shoot them. Fortunately for us all they got rid of that fat black guy that interviewed the boxers. (I cannot remember his name) he was like a robot, so boring and drab and he would ask the most stupid questions.)

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil

Blowtime.

i disagree about their commentators i think bernstein does a good job and is not bias like some of the guys on hbo ...i agree about the lighting hbo does an overall job as far as presentation ...and showtime does re-play their fights just alot of times is late night...but my cable company has on demnd you can watch them anytime ...also you can get a dvr and record and watch when you want .

Comment

Working...
                  X