No announcement yet.

Guerrero vs. Canelo or Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerrero vs. Canelo or Cotto

Would anyone be interested in this fight(s)? I thought Guerrero was really impressive and I'm impressed with his chin. That dude took some uppercuts that should have killed him. I also like how versatile he is and how he can fight many different ways. In short, he still whines alot and claims he's like a 9 weight world champ and stuff and its annoying, but I'm an in the closet fan.

Since he ain't getting Floyd or Pacman, how about another venture up north and challenge Canelo or Cotto.

I think both would take the fight and both fights presents different and varying degrees of intrigue. Guerrero is a big dude and still has room to bulk and solidify his stature.

Against Canelo, I think it's still Canelo's toughest fight to date, even against a now established WW. He's crafty, can perhaps take Canelo's punches. I think he can take away his punch output and test that chin and most importantly that body. I loved how Ghost tore up Berto's body. I think its 50/50

Against Cotto, Guerrero would have size and reach advantage, but not the experience advantage. All that crafty stuff that'll work on someone like Canelo won't against Cotto. But he can take Cotto's attack all day and can even box him. In the box wouldn't be as good because Cotto's t-rex arms can get the better of it, so an at range fight where he can counter is a good mix I think. Plus Cotto has one foot out the door and Guerrero is tearing the door down. I think it's a 60/40 fight in Cotto's favor at the moment.

Cotto beats him as long as he stays away from the ropes.

Comment

guerrero has better chances against cotto who tend to fade out in the late rounds, if guerrero is able to maintain with the volume punching until the final bell, he might just win a SD. canelo would murder guerrero with those crushing body shots, it would be like the replay of canelo-josesito lopez fight

Comment

How about Guerrero vs. Keith Thurman. I think Thurman takes his lunch money.

Comment

Canelo/Cotto/Thurman or any other 154lb fight is pointless. He needs to focus on Bradley/Alexander/Maidana/Malignaggi and nobody else.

Comment

As impressive as he was last night, Ghost still gets wrecked by either Canelo and Cotto IMO.

Comment

You make good points but there's plenty of fish to fry at 147. I would give him a slightly better chance to beat Cotto than Canelo but there's really no incentive for either of those 2 guys to take the fight. No belt, no drawing power.

Comment

As much of a chin he showed last night I don't think he can take either ones punches consistently.

Comment

No. There's enough work at 147 for him. No need to move up in weight.

Comment

I agree there's still work in progress at 147. Guerrero should stick to the script.

Comment

Working...
                    X