Collapse
No announcement yet.

GLEN JOHNSON: Bute Offered Me $1 Million LESS Than He Offered Pavlik

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen should say "fuck it" and take the fight.

Because if he does, he'll go home with Bute's title. Plenty of money to come after that.

Comment

Hope they come to an agreement soon.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Glen should say "fuck it" and take the fight.

Because if he does, he'll go home with Bute's title. Plenty of money to come after that.
        If Glen beats Bootay, guys will avoid him.

Comment

I like Bute, think he is supremely talented but this guy is not getting in there with the sharks he should be. It's starting to grown thin on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            If Glen beats Bootay, guys will avoid him.
            He'll get paid if he's wearing that strap. Let him post up in Miami and defend his title in an easier fight where he gets the majority of the purse, for a change. Dude hasn't fought someone outside the top-ten since Judah in 09.

If guys are hungry for that belt, they'll fight him. Just like they do Bute.

Glen should take the fight. 300k and a title isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              He'll get paid if he's wearing that strap. Let him post up in Miami and defend his title in an easier fight where he gets the majority of the purse, for a change. Dude hasn't fought someone outside the top-ten since Judah in 09.

If guys are hungry for that belt, they'll fight him. Just like they do Bute.

Glen should take the fight. 300k and a title isn't bad.
              There are guys fighting for less than $300K, you're right. I respect your perspective.

But put yourself in Glen's shoes. You have fought any and everyone they asked. You just took off weight and knocked Green out in the S6.

By contrast, Pavlik has burned several people. He has pulled out of 4-5 fights. He had one of the worst reigns as middleweight champ in the history of the division. And he has accomplished NOTHING at 168.

...and despite all that, he STILL gets a million more than you. Ouch.

Comment

Working...
              X