Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jose Luis Castillo Vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. The biggest robbery of our Generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the decision was exactly right, and so were the margins. If anything, Floyd was robbed in the rematch because of the scores being so ridiculously close.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P GOAT View Post
      I hate Mayweather, but he did not lose to J L Castillo imo. The biased HBO commentary changes peoples perception though.
      HBO has tried desperately to hold Floyd down for years. The motivation for their prejudice against him is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        The HBO commentary team would make you believe the Jesus Chavez fight was close as well. LOL.

Lederman only had Mayweather a point a head by the time of the stoppage, when in reality he was close to pitching a shutout.

Watch the Castillo fight without sound.
        Could not say it better my friend. If you watch enough boxing you would could come to this conclusion IMO. Funny cuz I just rewatched this fight last week and tried to be as objective as possible. I had the score as 115-111 FMjr. Rounds 1,2,3,4,5,8,9, for Floyd, Rounds 6,7,11, and 12 for Castillo. I scored round 10 even cuz of point deduction for Floyd. Round 8 was 10-8 round for Floyd cuz of Castillo point deduction. I thought rounds 2 and 4 were close but gave it to Floyd. I thought he fought better (due to the circumstance: first fight at lightweight and injury) in the first fight than in the second fight to me.

Clearer and cleaner punches were by Floyd. Most of Castillo's shots were blocked. Actually thought the Jesus Chavez fight was much more competitive than either Castillo-Floyd fight.
        Watch the fight with without sound!!!! For some reason HBO commentators Foreman, Merchant and Lederman had it in for Floyd during certain fights. Lederman was awful in scoring fights for Floyd. Any round that wasn't a total wipeout for Floyd throughout his career for some reason Lederman would score the round for the other fighter. I have Floyd's entire career on DVD and found this to be the case in numerous fights. Check Lederman's scorecards compared to the judges final scorecards in numerous Floyd fights and he was way off. Case in point Hatton fight he had Hatton winning rounds where the only solid connects was Mayweather I guess he gave Hattons rounds for wrestling instead of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BadNewz View Post
          HBO has tried desperately to hold Floyd down for years. The motivation for their prejudice against him is obvious.
          That is taking it too far. They obviously dont like him, but that probably has a lot do with his non crowd pleasing style, and his abrasive attitude. Not saying they are right to be like that towards him, but the The motivation for their prejudice against him is not fueled by racism like Floyd tried to make out.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
            Its a racist sig, I find racism funny lol
            If it's so funny post something racist about White people...suckass mofo.

Let's see you post something racist against Mexicans or Puerto Ricans...since the **** is so funny.

Comment

It had floyd winning, and it was the first floyd fight i watched, then i went back to watch his previous fights

i forgot who he fough

but it was a casamayor fight, casa was getting smacked around all night, and he wins a UD?

i was mad as hell

Comment

The biggest robbery? UN NO.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P GOAT View Post
                  That is taking it too far. They obviously dont like him, but that probably has a lot do with his non crowd pleasing style, and his abrasive attitude. Not saying they are right to be like that towards him, but the The motivation for their prejudice against him is not fueled by racism like Floyd tried to make out.
                  Bull****...Calzhage has the most non crowd pleasing style in boxing history..HBO announcers take turns sucking that mofos dick.

Joe also has the most abrasive..surly..girly..attitude around...yet they LOVE him.

Hmmmmm.

I agree with Floyd and Winky.
                  Last edited by Deja_Vous; 03-16-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Biggest robbery in a generation? No...

Did Floyd win? no...

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
                      I wasn't implying that it was the most obvious case of a stolen fight...

I was trying to say that it was the most important one...

If Money loses that fight boxing the Elite level as we know it in this Generation is a lot diffrent...

I guess thats my bad for not making myself clear enough.

Also to me it was a little farther apart than what you seem to have it...It wasnt disgracfull or super blatant...but still I had Castillo with a 3 point edge.
                      This post kind of explains what I was trying to say better...I'm not trying to imply that JLC Vs PBF I was the most blatant stolen shaft job a fighter has recieved in our Gen...

But that it was maybe the most important one.

Comment

Working...
                      X