No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zaveck Ready For Berto; Oi-Piispanen; Soro-Makaradze

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zaveck Ready For Berto; Oi-Piispanen; Soro-Makaradze

Newly crowned EU jr welterweight champ Vittorio Oi will have to give ex-ruler Ville Piispanen a rematch. Oi won a controversial technical decision the first time around but Piispanen and his promoter Pekka Maeki protested to the EBU and while Oi is allowed a voluntary defense he will have to make his first mandatory defense against Piispanen.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Zaveck..Don't know if he could pull this one off,Berto is not going to be an easy out at this point..But this should be a good fight,with plenty of action...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      War Zaveck..Don't know if he could pull this one off,Berto is not going to be an easy out at this point..But this should be a good fight,with plenty of action...
      berto is coming off a loss though. how this will affect him remains to be seen. it will be a good fight for sure. europeans rarely disappoint in their US debuts. zavec knows he needs a good showing to get more fights in the US. also remember the winner gets bailey (the IBF mandatory) next. bailey is no pushover either.
      i'm a little surprised berto had no say on this yet. i would expect him to be the trashtalker of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
        berto is coming off a loss though. how this will affect him remains to be seen. it will be a good fight for sure. europeans rarely disappoint in their US debuts. zavec knows he needs a good showing to get more fights in the US. also remember the winner gets bailey (the IBF mandatory) next. bailey is no pushover either.
        i'm a little surprised berto had no say on this yet. i would expect him to be the trashtalker of the two.
        I don't know bout Berto being a trash talker after the Ortiz fight,Berto might take the serious and focus role..It would be better for him imo..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I don't know bout Berto being a trash talker after the Ortiz fight,Berto might take the serious and focus role..It would be better for him imo..
          well he said ortiz was on drugs. that sure as hell wasn't trashtalk now was it? some trashtalking would help this fight regardless.

Comment

I'll be honest, I have never seen any of Zaveck's fight. Is he strong? Or is he like Carl Froch slick and with power?

Comment

Hi and greetings from Slovenia!

Dejan has been wearing the World Champion’s belt for 18 months already by now. A bit dissapointed because we could not get your heroes to fight our champion here. As I've seen that some of you (maybe) never heard of Dejan Zavec (Jan Zaveck), I have decided to share some information about our champion.

About Dejan Zavec :

http://en.dejanzavec.com/about.html

Dejan's match statistics :

http://en.dejanzavec.com/stats.html

Latest IBF World Championship defense ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJHlaC38B7M&hd=1

Some other highlights ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPlZRHG7vCI

I'm looking very positive into upcomming match vs Andre Berto. It will be a tough match for sure. Berto is few classes better opponent than Zavec was facing last few fights. I must agree with someone who already said that Zavec must win this fight over KO. Not just win, he must crush Berto just for the reason of comming to US grounds and no doubts that Dejan will squeeze every last atom of strenght to succeed.

I really want to see Berto falling on the floor on 1080P HBO stream, so I put my bets on Zavec.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                I'll be honest, I have never seen any of Zaveck's fight. Is he strong? Or is he like Carl Froch slick and with power?
                I'll say he is a very sound fighter,just the kinda fighter who gives Berto trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                  His footwork is his biggest weakness. However he can bang, he's a good puncher, and has a solid chin. He has good power but he's not that fast, he has success in volume. More Glen Johnson/Arthur Abraham than he is Froch or Kessler, hes pretty good at bullying/smothering his opponents when he tries to, which is pretty much his only chance with Berto.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                    X