Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the best right hand at heavy weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    huge punch
    It is. Even as he Throws it. You do wonder how powerful it would be if he REALLY let it fly, totally committed to the shot u know put some real venom on it!?

Comment

Joe Louis, best right hand, hands down! You could watch a 20 minute highlight showcasing his right hand alone. His accuracy and power combo was better than anybody elses.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
        Neither Shavers nor Baer had anything approaching the hardest right hand.
        Still have a bug up your azz about Shavers huh?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
          Neither Shavers nor Baer had anything approaching the hardest right hand.
          Nothing approaching the hardest ever? Feels good to be contrary, huh?

Comment

Shavers, or Louis.

Comment

Louis Shavers and Foreman.

I might be the only one but I think the present heavyweight champ's power is vastly overrated. But I guess fans often don't take into consideration the level of opposition.

Comment

Depends on how you define "best right hand" for me, it doesn't necessarily have to be the hardest hitting punch, because sometimes they are slightly on the slower side, speed is crucial and is angle of approach and precision...

I'd have Louis and Ali as a tie, Holmes and Wlad are close seconds. Not forgetting Shavers or Marciano.

Comment

Shavers, Foreman and Ali had the longest right hands that were effective. Marciano had the best short right hand that he turned over perfectly!!
                  Joe Louis had them all!! His right hand to the body (ribs, liver, heart, solar) was outstanding!! Ray.

Comment

Shavers, Lewis, Louis, Wlad, Marciano, Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                      I am going go with ernie shavers.
                      Lennox Lewis has an impressive highlight reel of right hands with multiple fighters. The right hand in the Rahman rematch was as good as any I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X