Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Daniel "The Real Deal" Geale vs Gennady "GGG" Golovkin Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    honestly think the Khurtsidze win is on par with the version of Sturm he beat which is even more pronounced now after the Soliman fight.
    see, this is what i mean. on paper, Geale's win over Sturm was super-duper awesome because Sturm was a long time unbeaten and had held a title for aeons. Geale's empirical ranking did deserve to rise accordingly.

but there's more to it than that. discerning observers can see how the rankings may be deceptive. they show who the most accomplished guys are at the time, or they can reflect who has had a win or a loss lately, but they don't necessarily show who the best fighters are.

Comment

Ouma is an awkward as hell southpaw & very durable. Geale is noway near as tough as Ouma.

I am still uncertain of Golovkin but I wouldn't be surprised if he finished Geale in 1. Geale has no chin!

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
        So you think this is a no contest easy win for GGG?

Also would you rate the version of Ouma Gennady fought above Geale now?
        Once again I don't dispute GGG has a good chance of beating Geale I just think people are going abit overboard about it.
        Rate him higher no but in a H2H matchup against Golovkin Ouma's stance, akwardness and most importantly his very solid chin served him well. Probably better than Geale's attributes and style would against GGG, i doubt he would make it 10 rounds like Kassim.

Keep in mind Ouma was 32 and had dropped and beat Vanes Martirosyan but was robbed before that. He wasn't some old shot fighter like people usually claim.
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Rate him higher no but in a H2H matchup against Golovkin Ouma's stance, akwardness and most importantly his very solid chin served him well. Probably better than Geale's attributes and style would against GGG, i doubt he would make it 10 rounds like Kassim.

Keep in mind Ouma was 32 and had dropped and beat Vanes Martirosyan but was robbed before that. He wasn't some old shot fighter like people usually claim.
          Can't agree with you in totality my man, Ouma had lost 5 of his last 7 fights heading into the Golovkin fight and had been out of the ring for almost a year. I agree he should have won the Vane fight but that doesn't explain all the other losses that suddenly popped up on his resume in his last few fights.

I know he is taking the Ishida fight as a stay busy fight so to speak but he too has lost 3 of his last 5 fights heading into this match and is 37 years old.

Geale has one loss in his entire career and that came almost 4 years ago. He also seems to improve with every fight a well as being a career MW...I just can't fathom how he is an easier matchup for 3G than Ouma.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Can't agree with you in totality my man, Ouma had lost 5 of his last 7 fights heading into the Golovkin fight and had been out of the ring for almost a year. I agree he should have won the Vane fight but that doesn't explain all the other losses that suddenly popped up on his resume in his last few fights.

I know he is taking the Ishida fight as a stay busy fight so to speak but he too has lost 3 of his last 5 fights heading into this match and is 37 years old.

Geale has one loss in his entire career and that came almost 4 years ago. He also seems to improve with every fight a well as being a career MW...I just can't fathom how he is an easier matchup for 3G than Ouma.
            I agree with most everything.

Ouma was losing but 2 split decisions and losses to Taylor at MW and Bundrage. Not prime but still very capable. Ishida isn't a great fight, never claimed it was but losing to Williams and Pirog is expected for the level of fighter he is, its a stay busy fight. That card in Monaco sounds terrific though with Golovkin, Rabchenko and the SMW tournament.

Both present a rather similar style matchup i believe. Volume punchers who do all their work from the pocket, Geale gives more movement but he doesn't land from long range. Geale has better defense but is still very hittable, Golovkin is physically stronger than both but Ouma is alot more durable than Geale.

Gealzaghe will probably land a bit more and be more competitive than Ouma was while it lasts i just don't think he'll last as long.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 02-02-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

ggg in this one

Comment

Soliman just 'beat' Sturm. Says a lot for Geales win really and how shot Sturm is doesn't it?

Comment

I agree with most everything.

Ouma was losing but 2 split decisions and losses to Taylor at MW and Bundrage. Not prime but still very capable. Ishida isn't a great fight, never claimed it was but losing to Williams and Pirog is expected for the level of fighter he is, its a stay busy fight. That card in Monaco sounds terrific though with Golovkin, Rabchenko and the SMW tournament.

Both present a rather similar style matchup i believe. Volume punchers who do all their work from the pocket, Geale gives more movement but he doesn't land from long range. Geale has better defense but is still very hittable, Golovkin is physically stronger than both but Ouma is alot more durable than Geale.

Gealzaghe will probably land a bit more and be more competitive than Ouma was while it lasts i just don't think he'll last as long.
                  LMAO.....nice. From what I've seen of Geale, he has decent movement but is open to punches. He might be like a poor man's Calzaghe though.

Comment

No way will Geale fight GGG on HBO in June, even though he'd gain a lot of respect and have a good payday.

Shaw will keep him away from Gennady, wait and see.

There will be a fight between Soliman and Geale coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Golovkin by stoppage.

Geale is alright, he has an okay win over a faded sturm who in all honesty was lucky to still have his belt after macklin and Barker.

I can see geale morphing into the typical aussie champion though, mundane was the first sign, thatwwasn't a fight anyone wanted to see, now there's talk of fighting Sam soliman

That easy dollar down under is hard to say no to
                      The Mundine fight was a good payday, he draws a big crowd in Australia.

You can't blame Geale for taking that fight and building his name in Australia where he is practically a nobody.

If he fights Soliman then you can hate away.

Comment

Working...
                      X