Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamboa Rios situation is HBO and Top Ranks fault

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. It is Gamhoe'a's FAULT for extending his contract and then getting scared of the fight and being a coward. Watch his career take a huge hit now. Can't wait for Bob to sue him for all he's got.

Comment

It looks like to me that Gamboa realized too late that he signed a slave contract and is trying to get out of it now.
      Arum owns that behind now unless there is some type of loophole though I doubt it.
      I thought Gamboa was jumping up too fast in my opinion anyway. He's better off moving up gradually.

Comment

Nope. He initiated the whole thing. Agreed to the initial agreement. He was happy, everyone was. Then he backed out. He had plenty of time to settle the matter and he didn't. There's no one to blame but him. His association with the duck messed the whole thing up. I hope his career will end up being crapier. Time to penalize these divas whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
          Not unless he can get out his contract and off to Mayweather/Golden Boy..

Arum also knows there is money to be made off him... Look at Doniare ffs..What he done was x10 worse... If HBO **** about with Arum/Gamboa Arum will just say he is taking Mannys next few fights to showtime....
          no way he can get out of the extension he signed. Gamboa is going to get his pants sued off.... Live in a cardboard box

Comment

He agreed to the fight and said he was happy in the beginning

Then just doesnt show up to scheduled pressers

Comment

Just because there isnt a contract signed doesnt mean there isn't a binding agreement. You don't know wtf you are talking about.

Comment

I just have to laugh at all the people saying "There shouldn't have been any promotion because no contract was signed."

THAT IS HOW MANY FIGHTS GO DOWN. As far as everyone except Gamboa was concerned, an agreement was in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                  Nope. It is Gamhoe'a's FAULT for extending his contract and then getting scared of the fight and being a coward. Watch his career take a huge hit now. Can't wait for Bob to sue him for all he's got.
                  pmsl a Rios fan calling Gamboa a coward??? GTFOH... Gamboa had to take the decision to leave his family behind for his career..., That takes more balls than i have or anyone i know has.. A coward is someone boiling down and killing themselves so they can bully smaller guys...

Just wait till rios starts at jww... He wont be able to bully as much and when he comes up against someone he cant walk through that has decent fundementals he will get fu*ked...

There is no honour in blocking punches with your face.. I wouldnt dare call him a bum as he is/was a champion and that i have to respect...

His boxing abilities are limited... He is a fu*king coward calling out a fighter 2 weights below him,,,,

Comment

From The Ring magazine:

It’s common in professional boxing for the official contracts of a bout to remain unsigned until long after the matchup has been announced, sometimes until the week of the fight. However, the fighters customarily sign a bout agreement that details basic terms of the deal – including how much they are to be paid.

“This is a fight that was brought up by Gamboa and Gamboa’s co-promoter, Ahmet Oner, last year,” duBoef said. “Before his last fight in September, Oner told me that Yuriorkis Gamboa wanted to fight Manny Pacquiao – but first, he wanted Brandon Rios. He wanted to win the lightweight title. I never thought of that, but it was a fascinating matchup.

“I said let’s talk after his fight in September, and we did. Then we talked after Brandon’s last fight in December. We talked to Brandon and his manager, Cameron Dunkin, and in late January or early February, Rios agreed to do the fight.

“On Feb. 16, Top Rank, Arena-Box and Gamboa all had an agreement for the fight. Once we had that agreement, we set dates for the press conferences and we activated our partners. I’m just a promoter, I can’t do it alone. We need HBO, the Mandalay Bay, and our sponsors, Tecate and AT&T.”

Comment

This is typical of cowards. When they start realizing the risk involved, they ask for tons of money they don't even deserve. Not everyone can be Tyson, SRL, Pacquiao, Duran... This coward thinks he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X