No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Rodriguez Only Came To Get Lucky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Rodriguez Only Came To Get Lucky

WBA super middleweight world champion Andre Ward has made a triumphant return after a 14-month layoff, downing Edwin Rodriguez by unanimous decision in a showdown of unbeaten boxers. Judges awarded Ward the victory by scores of 118-106, 117-107, 116-108, boosting Ward's record to 27-0 while Rodriguez fell to 24-1. Saturday night's fight in Ontario was the first for Ward in 14 months, the longest break of his career after right shoulder surgery in January.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lesson here...If you come at the King you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
      Lesson here...If you come at the King you best not miss.
      Exactly! Ward put on a masterful performance tonight. Even though the fight was ugly early, Ward showed why he should be rightfully regarded as the #2 P4P King of the sport (Too me he is #1). This type of supreme boxing skill is why Ward and Rigondeaux are my favorite fighters in the sport.

Haters will hate but Ward is "DA MAN"!!! You just can't deny this guy's talent.

Comment

fight Golovkin then...

Comment

Well Ward Didn't let that happen

Comment

It's so strange to me, to hear people talking "with excitement" about Ward, B-hop, Rigo or Mayweather's skill like it's an exciting thing to watch. Very skilled? Of course, pretty boring? Of course. When you are pretty sure its going the distance before the fight starts and it actually does go 12....and it happens 90% of the time.....boring. With that high of a percentage in Power punches and jabs landed, shouldn't there be more KO's? Did he even get one knock down in the Super 8 tourney? Sorry, don't mean to hate, but I enjoy excitement in fights, not masterful skilled jabs

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp-Hand View Post
              It's so strange to me, to hear people talking "with excitement" about Ward, B-hop, Rigo or Mayweather's skill like it's an exciting thing to watch. Very skilled? Of course, pretty boring? Of course. When you are pretty sure its going the distance before the fight starts and it actually does go 12....and it happens 90% of the time.....boring. With that high of a percentage in Power punches and jabs landed, shouldn't there be more KO's? Did he even get one knock down in the Super 8 tourney? Sorry, don't mean to hate, but I enjoy excitement in fights, not masterful skilled jabs
              Unless you are rooting against them or only like pure slugfests they can all be very entertaining.

Comment

It's better to be thought of as an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  Unless you are rooting against them or only like pure slugfests they can all be very entertaining.
                  Exactly. The fighters that he likes don't last in the sport. They watch boxing for the thrill, not the skill.

Most fans, even the casuals love a good fight over a slugfest.

Nobody, wants to see GG in a one sided bomb out against a bum every time out and call that exciting when you can watch two guys thinking in there. GG Stevens was exciting, but Ward Rodriguez wasn't, lmao. Go sell that ish to someone who cares what you think. I'm not talking about you J.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp-Hand View Post
                    Thanks for stopping by. I think, however, that you're looking for a different sport. This is boxing, and if you can't appreciate the application of the sweet science at the highest level, there are other combat sports that might be more to your liking. Or you could just go down to your local bar on the weekend. The fights there probably don't go the distance.

Comment

Working...
                    X