No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magomed Abdusalamov is in Medical-Induced Coma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magomed Abdusalamov is in Medical-Induced Coma

Russian puncher Magomed Abdusalamov took a turn for the worse earlier this morning. On Saturday night, Magomed (18-1, 18KOs) suffered numerous injuries during his ten round decision loss to Cuba's Mike Perez (20-0, 12KOs) at the Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden. There were plenty of power punches thrown and landed by both fighters in their HBO televised showcase, but Perez racked up the points to win on scores of 97-92, 95-94 and 97-92.

Earlier today, BoxingScene.com reported that during the fight Magomed broke his left hand, broke his nose and he was taken to a local hospital where a small blood clot was discovered on the brain.
    [Click Here To Read More]

holy sh#t........

i really hope he pulls through. life is so much more important than boxing. that fight should have been stopped.

Comment

Wow, this is crazy

Hope all goes well

Comment

Oh ****. Hope he's OK. That was a brutal fight.

Comment

****!!! Hate hearing this ****. Hope the big guy recovers quick!

Comment

Best wishes to him.

I thought there was a point where he should have stopped but he showed a lot of heart to carry on, he wasn't about to let his '0' go easily. To those who like to label fighters "quitters", this is what can happen when you continue in a fight you're losing.

Comment

Sounds like the right thing to do. That was a tough fight and both men took hellish shots. Wish him a good recovery.

Comment

Bellew tweeted this earlier. Horrible news.

He took some seriously heavy blows.

Hope he pulls through.

Comment

And this is the reason why all fighters don't just go in there and try and be macho to appease haters and fans.

Good luck, Mago.

Let's hope it's not as serious as it sounds and he can resume his career after a long rest.

Great fight and nobody can take that away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    Best wishes to him.

I thought there was a point where he should have stopped but he showed a lot of heart to carry on, he wasn't about to let his '0' go easily. To those who like to label fighters "quitters", this is what can happen when you continue in a fight you're losing.
                    Exactly. Keyboard warriors FTL.

Hope he recovers, that was a brutal fight. Needs a long break no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                    X