No announcement yet.

My 3rd fight - Who you think won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3rd fight - Who you think won?

This was my 3rd fight, it was awesome crazy show we went from Winnipeg to Regina (in Canada) to fight at a dinner show in front of 1000 people. It was Regina vs the rest of Canada.

I am in red corner, there was a lot of questionable decisions that night, lots of people said I won, but he got the decision. For some reason I didnt throw many straight punches though, the fight didnt turn out that way, not sure why i think its cause he was so tall. Also I hyper extended my right elbow week and a half prior so its been bothering me quite a bit throwing straight rights. Camera died right before the decision but it was blue who won.

Tell me what you think, who you think won? And any pointers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FJfy...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by WarMaidana; 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM.

**** i added a few captions uploaded the wrong one to youtube

Comment

It looks like you telegraph your hooks too much. You throw them really wide, and you ended up losing your balance because of them a few times. I've always been told to keep my hooks really tight.

Also, your feet seem really far apart. Are you able to get much power out of your right with a stance that wide? I tried throwing a few punches from a similar stance and I found I generated a lot less torque from my back leg.

With regards to the outcome of the fight, you were going strong up until the last minute or so, when you seemed to run out of steam. I probably would have leant towards you winning the fight, not by a great margin though.

Comment

^^^ i feel I do have power like that cause msot guys say i hit pretty damn hard, but your right i do have to put my legs closer and lean forward less, i have been told that by some people

Comment

Camera work is too shoddy (with the view blocked half the time) to say for sure, but it looks like you may have deserved the decision based on volume and aggression. But, he was the better boxer. I think the judges may have chose him because you weren't throwing quality shots whereas he landed a few good ones. Even though he got tagged plenty, it was mostly insignificant and blocked stuff and he looked far more composed. If I were you, I'd work on getting your hands back much quicker. You're reaching really far for those hooks too. I don't think you're bad at all, but I get the impression that you're trying to brawl and in-fight from too far away. Maybe think more like Tyson and get inside behind a good jab or with some head movement.
          Just my 2cents. Props for getting in there and fight like a warrior. You have a gutsy and aggressive style.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
            Camera work is too shoddy (with the view blocked half the time) to say for sure, but it looks like you may have deserved the decision based on volume and aggression. But, he was the better boxer. I think the judges may have chose him because you weren't throwing quality shots whereas he landed a few good ones. Even though he got tagged plenty, it was mostly insignificant and blocked stuff and he looked far more composed. If I were you, I'd work on getting your hands back much quicker. You're reaching really far for those hooks too. I don't think you're bad at all, but I get the impression that you're trying to brawl and in-fight from too far away. Maybe think more like Tyson and get inside behind a good jab or with some head movement.
            Just my 2cents. Props for getting in there and fight like a warrior. You have a gutsy and aggressive style.
            thanks man

Comment

I would say you won.

Comment

I tried throwing a few punches from a similar stance and I found I generated a lot less torque from my back leg.
                Last edited by backerman7; 04-11-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X