No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Mayweather-Pacquiao, Testing, Money, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum on Mayweather-Pacquiao, Testing, Money, More

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum discussed the possibility of making a 2012 super-fight between welterweight champions Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Pacquiao returns this Saturday night, and defends the WBO title against Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather, through his adviser Leonard Ellerbe, recently announced his desire to fight Pacquiao in May.

[Click Here To Read More]

What I don't get it is how Bob Arum gets away with his shenanigans. He keeps saying that Mayweather is "not serious", but he seems to be pretty serious about it this time. Also everyone knows Mayweather doesn't like to fight anywhere in the United States but Las Vegas. Arum knows this as well as any general boxing fan. It's just a fight for control over negotiations and he doesn't wish to say it. If anyone is a fraud, it is Bob Arum. He acted like a fool recently when he hung up on a reporter who asked a rough question. The man is as fragile as Floyd on the issue. He never seems to address it directly and always skirts it with some excuse. At least Floyd came out and said something about it, that is more then Arum has tried as of late.

Comment

Rafael slams the door on Mayweather-Morales - Arum Rumor

Comment

Ok let me get this straight, he points out how he doesn't believe the numbers for Floyd-Ortiz because HBO didn't confirm it yet he did the exact same thing for Pac-Mosley where Top Rank released the numbers and not Show Time? LOL

And Bob weren't you the one who put the clock on your website to serve as a deadline for Pac-May? That of all things tells me you're not serious.

Comment

"Take the test!"
          "We will take the test!"
          "Take the test!"

lol pretty funny. KFC just keeps saying the same **** regardless of people's response, i think he should go and see a doc and get his hearing checked out tbh.

Comment

Arum says you don't negotiate in the press and you don't set self imposed time limits. Yet, he gave Floyd a time limit with a countdown clock and negotiated in the press without anyone from the Money Team involved. WTF?!

Comment

Stay ducking Floyd..☺

Comment

The sad thing is people actually believe the garbage that comes out of this dudes mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                  Ok let me get this straight, he points out how he doesn't believe the numbers for Floyd-Ortiz because HBO didn't confirm it yet he did the exact same thing for Pac-Mosley where Top Rank released the numbers and not Show Time? LOL

And Bob weren't you the one who put the clock on your website to serve as a deadline for Pac-May? That of all things tells me you're not serious
                  ^^^^^^^this

Comment

Can anybody tell me how Mayweather making that announcement takes the limelight away from PAC, he should be thanking Floyd, now some extra people will tune in just to see what happens in the trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                    X