Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectively, which of Pac's catchweights were unfair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Quoted simply because it needed to be said again. The fact is that if 2 pounds didn't make a difference then why ask for a CW in the first place?
    This is something that evidently cant be said enough lol

Comment

The reason he gets hate for them is because if they were pointless why even demand them? When you can answer that question you have the answer to your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
        Spoken in a heavy Filipino accent i see. And no, cotto didnt come out first and say 145. Manny came out first and said 143, and they negotiated to 145. Cotto accepted, on the condition that his belt wouldnt be on the line, which was later forced to be on the line. Facts....how do they work.

One can argue if the pound made a difference or not, ultimatepy the greater issue at play is it was still a b1tch move on mannys part, as clearly he didnt, and still doesnt, want to face miguel at miguels natural/strongest weight. Hes scurred, demands catchweights in the hopes of taking something out of cotto. No other reason.
        People should realize all Pacquiao's catchweight fights were two ways street. They should not think only about their fighter being at disadvantage while completely ignoring Pacquiao disadvantages as well. You should know pretty well Pacquiao had only one fight at 135 when he fought Oscar at 147. After he fought Oscar at 147, Pacquiao moved down to 140 and fought Hatton. After he fought Hatton at 140, Pacquiao moved up and fought Cotto at 145.

Now to make my point clear about the two ways street. Let us put Cotto in Pacquiao situation in reverse order. Let us say Cotto is naturally 130 fighter who had only one fight at 135 and must move up to 147 to fight Oscar then after fighting Oscar at 147 he was scheduled to move down fight Hatton 140 and then move up again to fight a very good welterweight champ at 145. Let us say this champ weighed at 146 on his last fight and has 5 months to lost the 1 extra lb. Honestly what do you feel about Cotto here specially a lot of people were saying he weight drained them and had all the advantages?
        Last edited by whirlwind; 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Margarito, they screwed him over on the scales.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            The reason he gets hate for them is because if they were pointless why even demand them? When you can answer that question you have the answer to your thread.
            Obviously he was giving up a lot of weight in both instances. You forget that 1.5 years before Cotto he fought at 130, and in the mean time he'd taken hardly any punches in those 3 fights. How could he be confident in his chin vs a hard punching welter like Cotto? Now it's clear he could take it, but if there was a poll on NSB 12 months prior, I bet Cotto was a 10-1 favorite vs Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
              People should realize all Pacquiao's catchweight fights were two ways street. They should only think about their fighter only. You should know pretty well Pacquiao had only one fight at 135 when he fought Oscar at 147. After he fought Oscar at 147, Pacquiao moved down to 140 and fought Hatton. After he fought Hatton at 140, Pacquiao moved up and fought Cotto at 145.

Now to make my point clear about the two ways street. Let us put Cotto in Pacquiao situation in reverse order. Let us say Cotto is naturally 130 fighter who had only one fight at 135 and must move up to 147 to fight Oscar then after fighting Oscar at 147 he was scheduled to move down fight Hatton 140 and then move up again to fight a very good welterweight champ at 145. Let us say this champ weighed at 146 on his last fight and has 5 months to lost the 1 extra lb. Honestly what do you feel about Cotto here specially a lot of people were saying he weight drained them and had all the advantages?
              So you agree that pacquiao 'demanded' a catchweight simply for the sake of taking something out of cotto?

As far as that fight is concerned, i dont have much beef with asking for the catchweight. My beef on that fight pertains to cottos corner, the lack of preperation in training, etc. Cotto was in tremendous shape, and i dont believe weight was a factor in that fight.

With that said, i call b.s. on manny still demanding a catchweight from cotto. He already put a horrendous beating on cotto when cotto wasnt at his natural/strong weight. Its time for cotto to be allowed to be healthy and comfortable in his weight, prepare properly and see how the rematch turns out. Considering the beating that has already taken place, this does not seem like an unreasonable request. Im just saying, manny asking for another catchweight is some b1tch ****.

Comment

The Cotto catch weight was unnecessary, the way he beat him up 2 lbs wouldn't have made any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                  Margarito, they screwed him over on the scales.
                  Team Pacquiao could make the fight at 147 and its not a catchweight no matter how you turn it upside down. But the fact they made it at 150 was in Margarito's favor. People also like to forget the fact about 17 lbs weight advantage and will never put their favorite fighters in the same situation. They are bunch of hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                    So you agree that pacquiao 'demanded' a catchweight simply for the sake of taking something out of cotto?

As far as that fight is concerned, i dont have much beef with asking for the catchweight. My beef on that fight pertains to cottos corner, the lack of preperation in training, etc. Cotto was in tremendous shape, and i dont believe weight was a factor in that fight.

With that said, i call b.s. on manny still demanding a catchweight from cotto. He already put a horrendous beating on cotto when cotto wasnt at his natural/strong weight. Its time for cotto to be allowed to be healthy and comfortable in his weight, prepare properly and see how the rematch turns out. Considering the beating that has already taken place, this does not seem like an unreasonable request. Im just saying, manny asking for another catchweight is some b1tch ****.
                    Pac said he's not going beyond 147 anymore. Cotto taunted him, said "He offered 150 to Marg, why not me? Does he fear me?". So Pac offers 150, Cotto remembers he's drained at 150. That's after requesting 150 for his previous title defense.

Comment

Cotto fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X