No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute Turns Back on Froch, Eyes Bika-Sjekloca Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute Turns Back on Froch, Eyes Bika-Sjekloca Winner

Former IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (31-1, 24KOs) is moving away further from pursuing a rematch with the current IBF king Carl Froch. Bute was destroyed by Froch in five rounds in May of 2012, but the Canadian star has a rematch clause.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bika to upset the apple-cart...then we get a Bika-Froch unification war

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Bika to upset the apple-cart...then we get a Bika-Froch unification war
      bika vs froch fight will be crazy.

Comment

Bute has always followed the path of least resistance with his career.

Saying they want to get the WBC title to open up a unification with Froch is a joke since the WBC would strip him for unifying if he did beat Froch (yeah right)

Comment

The rematch was a foregone conclusion anyway. If he can get himself together and string out some nice wins, ok, but the guy that was in the ring with Grachev goes out even faster. In that form he's not getting past Bika.

Comment

If Bute is a paper champ...

He's toilet tissue.

Comment

I honestly don't blame Bute for this. I mean the guy was lied to. Told he was good, maybe the best even, when all he was was a protected borderline decent fighter. Then they put him in there with a Tiger, a real fighter, a beast of a man & he got taken to the cleaners, mollywhopped, drapped up. I wouldn't fight Froch again either. I'd ask my handlers to take me back to the way things were. Lie to me, feed me bums & live in relative obscurity than face Froch again.

Comment

not sure if you guys are serious, but bute and bika already fought, and bute basically blanked him for 12 rounds.

bute will win the title and be a paper champ

Comment

Froch and Bute both know what the score is.......

.....Bute needs to rebuild having been badly mugged in Sherwood Forest by Nottingham's new incarnation of Robin Hood.

The rematch clause was only going to be invoked if Lucien lost a close, tactical fight on points. Bute - having got an arrow straight through his forehead - is not going to want to see Froch again for at least 12 months.

Meanwhile, Froch will either keep the kettle-boiling for a big-money Bute rematch by beating up Lucien's much-hated Canadian compatriot Adonis Stevenson or switching straight to the end-game by taking on Kessler in a dramatic showdown.

Comment

If Bute thinks Ward would be easier than Froch, he will be in for a rude awakening if that fight happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X