No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Bad For Boxing, Great For Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Bad For Boxing, Great For Business

By David P. Greisman - For weeks, we believed him. We watched Timothy Bradley as he trained, listened when he spoke, saw him assembled into the miniature musculature of a welterweight Adonis. We heard the words of a man raised to be tough, driven and unrelenting, a man ready not just to face the biggest fight of his career, but also to win it.

He was a different opponent for Manny Pacquiao, whose accomplishments had astonished, whose recent run had propelled him to preeminence, but whose entry in history had exited into revisionist hindsight. Bradley, unlike Pacquiao’s past four years of foes, was undefeated, young and in his prime. He’d neither be weight drained nor disadvantaged in size, not left lumbering and lost against the onslaught.

Only Juan Manuel Marquez had truly troubled Manny Pacquiao, had shown that there were limitations, had twice come closer than anyone to beating him since Pacquiao had evolved into this vicious dervish. Bradley wasn’t Marquez, but he was different than the rest, and so we believed him, not necessarily that he would beat Pacquiao, but that he could.

And so we respected both the hubris and the humor of Bradley approaching this biggest [Click Here To Read More]

In betting Business in Nevada, how much Money that bet on Pacman's fight?

and if Pacman losses, who gain more money, those who bet on Bradley,

or the Betting Gambling Businesses...

Comment

Bradley outta pay a fee

I just watched the Pacman-Bradley fight again and Bradley outta pay a fee because he got taken to school. What a thorough ass kicking Manny handed him in every possible way. What the bought judges came up with is irrelevant what happened is a good fighter ran into a great fighter and got his ass kicked. Every sane person in the world saw that. Wow! amazing performance by Manny. If Tim has any class he'll fly personally to the Philipines and deliver Manny's belt back with a thourough and sincere " Thank you" for allowing him to have his ass licked by an all time great like Manny.
      The judges should be banned and face criminal charges for fraud. Never fight in Vegas! Never! Never! Never!

Comment

rant

This is just a general rant..

im still grieving after saturday, is this the beginning of the end?

The superfight of the century in tatters after lackluster judging and now it comes out that timmy thinks the judges 'figured it out' and he won 'fair and square'. Bollucks!

That aside, we've got super prospects like russel jr and broner postponing and getting there fights delayed, supposed warriors like kirkland getting wack injuries every other minute, new belts being manafactured to boost the credibility of a grudge match between two frankly **** fighters in haye and Chisora and it genuinly grossing more buzz then any other heavyweight fight in years, not to mention the dope heads berto and peterson who everyone gave credit too and they stupidley were the catalysts in thier own demise...oh and what about the no hearts like gamboa agreeing ridiculous terms for what would have genuinly been the most intersting fight of the year in favour of what?hanging out with money mayweather instead of just solidfying your unbeliveable god given talent... oh then you got the most credible heavyweight since lewis retiring this year, legit warriors like marvilla who cant even get a shot a sugar coated wanabes like JCC who cant fight for ****! and then theres the cherry on top of all the ****, the 'great' result from saturday that has ruined any chance of anything happening between the two top p4p fighters of this era because the judges were doing what?justifying a point?they should be burnt!

If boxing is dying then this is the storm before the end.
        (Rant over!!)

Comment

Great job Bradley. You have got these pacfarts contemplating suicide. Gotta
          love it.

Comment

Originally posted by sofreshhh View Post
            Great job Bradley. You have got these pacfarts contemplating suicide. Gotta
            love it.
            I'm not a huge Pac fan either, but this is bad for the SPORT!!! You have to call fights how you see em. Boxers are professional athletes but they're still people. They work hard for months at a time and put a lot of effort into training. Could you imagine if this injustice happened to your favorite boxer? What will you do then? This is why we have to address it now so that people don't get turned off by the sport and promoters and boxing organizations don't lose advertisers and people to back up pay days for fighters.

Comment

Bad for the sport. Great for Arum.

Top Rank needed a new stable star after losing Cotto, Marg retiring, Bum Bum Rios being exposed and Chavez jnr being in a new scandal seemingly every week.

Bradley is the perfect poster boy for them. He will lose in the rematch, but that doesn't matter. Everyone knows who Tim Bradley is now.

Comment

I'm a boxing fan and I don't care if other fans get turned off just because their hero gets beat. I had Bradley winning 115-113. If fans don't like it, stop watching. It's that simple. But please don't say this was a robbery.

Go back and look at round one. Manny only landed three meaningful punches at the end of the round, but the announcers say he won that round. That's ridiculous. Bradley also won rounds 2, 5, 7, 10, 11, and 12 on my scorecard.

Two two judges saw it exactly as I saw it. But to Pacfans I'm an idiot because I had Manny losing the fight. To them, everyone is an idiot if they don't see the fight as Pacfans do. My answer: just stop watching and you won't have anything to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                  I'm a boxing fan and I don't care if other fans get turned off just because their hero gets beat. I had Bradley winning 115-113. If fans don't like it, stop watching. It's that simple. But please don't say this was a robbery.

Go back and look at round one. Manny only landed three meaningful punches at the end of the round, but the announcers say he won that round. That's ridiculous. Bradley also won rounds 2, 5, 7, 10, 11, and 12 on my scorecard.

Two two judges saw it exactly as I saw it. But to Pacfans I'm an idiot because I had Manny losing the fight. To them, everyone is an idiot if they don't see the fight as Pacfans do. My answer: just stop watching and you won't have anything to complain about.
                  You forgot Bradley was in a wheelchair after the fight. LMAO!

Comment

If boxing is dying, I think Arum is killing it slowly. IMHO, I was actually rooting for Bradley(underdog), but I did not have him winning.I was starting to get frustrated at the fact that he never moved his head and pacquiaos left kept on finding a home and did not attack like he did against Alexander. But boxing seems to always take 1 step forward and 2 back..
                    Last edited by rudyyr; 06-11-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X