No announcement yet.

Is Tyson Fury in his prime yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Why start with a lame personal attack? If you want to argue properly, you should know that attacking me and not my argument isn't the way to go about it. Thats just embarrassing. Thats not an answer to my experience over here in the UK. In boxing circles throughout the country, I've heard more talk over Price than I have for Fury.
    why did you perceive a personal attack? i merely made the point that one must have been hiding somewhere and not getting out much to not pick up on the profile that Fury has.

i reside in the UK, too, btw. my evidence of Fury's profile here is simply in hanging out around the man who doesn't know boxing. white, black and Asian friends and acquaintances of mine who know nothing about boxing know Tyson Fury, their kids know Tyson Fury. but they don't know David Price.

as for the bold, that statement is dubious to begin with, as Fury and Price are equally well-known and talked about in boxing circles. outside of boxing circles, not so much. and on that latter note, i now restate for the second time,

by contrast, Price is quite anonymous outside the society of British boxing fans, he's been making a name by being associated with Fury as much as by his displays in the ring, and that really is irrefutable.
    emphasis on big boxing outlets. boxing's stars are ultimately generated from casual interest, not the interest of the more avowed fans of the sport who subscribe to BoxNation and watch Sky Sports' boxing magazine show. refer to my statement, "outside the society of British boxing fans".
    your stance is quite indefensible and against logic. hardcore boxingheads are the minority. the man on the street is the majority. if many more casuals know of you than another guy, you are more famous, period. millions watching you have an exciting fight with Dereck Chisora or Nevin Pajkic on C5 >>>>> a few thousand watching you knock a guy over quickly on BoxNation. much greater exposure.

As for your Channel 5 thing, yes people may have watched Channel 5. But you are confusing the idea of people watching the channel, and people watching Fury. Do you think millions of people were watching it, for Fury?
    i stopped reading your lengthy ramble here. i suggest you inform yourself by checking the viewing figures for Fury's fights on C5, then report back. thanks.

Fury is simply the bigger name by far. sticking your fingers in your ears and singing over the truth does not make the truth less truthy.
    Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

David Price's fans are terribly sensitive about their guy having a poorer resume and a much lower profile than Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        David Price's fans are terribly sensitive about their guy having a poorer resume and a much lower profile than Fury.
        I don't care for either fighter. Your argument is so confused, you didn't even attempt to answer most of the points I put across, for the sake of "not reading your lengthy ramble"

You can have the last reply if it makes you feel better

Comment

I don't care for either fighter. Your argument is so confused, you didn't even attempt to answer most of the points I put across, for the sake of "not reading your lengthy ramble"

You can have the last reply if it makes you feel better
          i addressed all your points up until you revealed your lack of knowledge re. Fury's viewing figures.

there is nothing confused about my argument. it is based on a combination of established logic and direct experience, and should be quite easy to understand. i would rather that you reply again and tell me why you are confused. but only if you wish to do so. if not, it's no big deal.

Comment

Working...
          X