Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man last night they re aired Hopkins-Jones 2,and my god i forgot how terrible it was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man last night they re aired Hopkins-Jones 2,and my god i forgot how terrible it was

That fight should never be shown again,footage of that said fight should be burned.Man if no 1 had ever watched boxing before they would never watch it again after seeing that crap.Wow we waited years for that rematch and thats what we got?Hopkins fell down for anything and any reason,the only excitement was at the end of the 6th round when i thought it was going to be a brawl and then in the 7th..back to the borefest

Larry Lar, I watched that **** too. Terrible fight. Hop was down right disgusting in this fight. To see Jones reduced to nothing before this fight was the worst also. I had promised to remember the old Roy Jones, but I saw this fight was on and had to take a peak lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Larry Lar, I watched that **** too. Terrible fight. Hop was down right disgusting in this fight. To see Jones reduced to nothing before this fight was the worst also. I had promised to remember the old Roy Jones, but I saw this fight was on and had to take a peak lol.
      Man i was embarrassed for the sport and those 2 watching this crap.It looked like a comedy sketch or something,i was waiting for someone to tell me i had just been punked.and to make it worst they kept saying this is a fight between 2 legends.which is true but if someone had never seen the sport they would be like damn this is what 2 legends in boxing look like?.....not to mention they re played the Hopkins Calzaghe fight and it was just as bad

Comment

As bad as the fight was Hopkins should of won an academy award due to all his acting. Dude would fight dirty then when Jones did it back he would cry and act. As bad as Jones was in this fight by not letting his hands go at least he was not crying to ref and acting like Hopkins.

Comment

Why would they replay the fight? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Like I said in your thread earlier, the Pascal fight was shocking after this. How did Hopkins look so bad against shot to hell Roy and then beat Pascal? And how did Chad Dawson lose to that guy?

Boxing makes no sense sometimes.

Comment

I'm a massive, massive Roy fan from way back, and I've never whatched that fight. Never will.

Comment

How **** is their video library if Jones-Hopkins 2 is next on the re-air que.

Comment

there was another thread about this earlier.. Jones was in survival mode all night, Hopkins was pushing for the KO. Can't make a good fight when one fighter's just trying to stay alive. This fight was a mismatch, Hopkins was way too good, he nearly completely nullified Jones offense. Jones was a shell of himself and Hopkins still had all the skills.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    I'm a massive, massive Roy fan from way back, and I've never whatched that fight. Never will.
                    Damn. This was something Ive always been afraid to admit.

I've never seen this fight either.

Comment

Working...
                    X