No announcement yet.

Jermaine taylor started declining before he fought spinks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermaine taylor started declining before he fought spinks

I can remember him fighting ouma if i,m not mistaken and not looking that good at all... Then here comes the cory spinks fight and again taylor looks like sht... Now remember before he was fighting these guys that at the time miranda was calling him out and talking tall sht against taylor but, taylor declined to accept a fight with miranda... Well, here comes a lanky white boy that could punch and that was about it and taylor was asked over and over after these poor performances about taking on kelly pavlik and to me, he was pretty much pushed into this fight because he was the champ and was fighting soft opposition so being taylor he agreed to shut everyone,s mouth about him not fighting quality guys and for the first couple of rounds he was dominating and after that is where the beginning of the end starts...since that fight jermaine has looked so not interested in competing and that,s ashame...hopefully taylor accumulated some dollars in his bank account so he and his family can live comfortably thru out the rest of his life because he don,t need to fight anymore due to getting stopped brutaly in his last two fights... He,s gonna get hurt and probably damaged if he already isn,t damaged goods...

it was after the hopkins fights, his confidence was destroyed after those fights, even with the win.

Comment

The truth is that Taylor started declining when he fired his trainer and replaced him with Steward.

Comment

I guess you can say a lot things is what brought him down...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          The truth is that Taylor started declining when he fired his trainer and replaced him with Steward.
          Agreed...

I don't think he looked SO bad against Ouma(although I only saw the fight once)...he hit Ouma with some bombs and Ouma walked right thru them...

Once he left Pat Burns, his great jab was no more...

He may have had stamina issues beforehand but they didn't show up until the Pavlik fight really(well he arguably gased against B-Hop)....and his defense is BAD when he gets tired...

Comment

how about he wasnt that great to begin with?
            he was a raw talent who was shaped into a pretty good fighter but the instincts werent there to be great.
            IMO, even with his devastating losses, he was a career overachiever.

Comment

Working...
            X