No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Team Lebedev Apologize, Jones Ruins His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Team Lebedev Apologize, Jones Ruins His Career

Being literally in the epicenter of international boxing warfare doesn’t always mean you are at the informational crossroads too. Sometimes it means completely the opposite – like being at the very eye of the storm, whereas the hood is being completely torn apart just several miles aside. That was exactly the case where I found myself while covering the undercard of what was proposed to be the biggest Russian boxing event in the first half of 2014 (or maybe over the whole year too) – a rematch between reigning WBA cruiserweight champion of the world Denis Lebedev and his bitter Panamanian rival Guillermo Jones.

[Click Here To Read More]

No need to apologize champ, the fact you took the rematch after such a brutal fight is enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      No need to apologize champ, the fact you took the rematch after such a brutal fight is enough for me.
      Well said.

Though I would add I disagree with the article; Lebedev is not a loser here. He avoids an obvious massive banana skin. It was not a given that he would win this fight and may well have been beaten badly again. That he avoids it altogether will allow him to rebuild his career. The break probably will have done him good after the damage he suffered last time vs Jones.

Comment

The comment Lebedev made about Panamanians was uncalled for.

Comment

This is safety first considering what happened in the first fight and Jones trying to do the exact same thing

Comment

A fight between Lebedev and Rakhim Chakhkiev would be awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
              The comment Lebedev made about Panamanians was uncalled for.
              What did he say exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by lillu89 View Post
                What did he say exactly?
                The article says that Lebedev commented, "Americans (Panamanians) can just not fight honestly."

Comment

The article says that Lebedev commented, "Americans (Panamanians) can just not fight honestly."
                  Thanks i honestly didn't take the time to read this long as article lol.

Comment

If that's the case, he technically attacked Americans, not Panamanians (he thought Jones was American if he said that).

Comment

Working...
                    X