No announcement yet.

Macklin, Barker ect..Whos the best ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macklin, Barker ect..Whos the best ?

With Lee calling out Barker, and rumors of Macklin calling out Lee: There are some good Middleweight fights that could be made on these shores.
    So, that said..In what order would you rank the following Middleweights:

Macklin, Proksa, Barker, Murray, Lee?

i cant rank them but i believe barker is the best out of the lot of them,ill be able to tell more when murray takes on sergio,him and macklin have the same similar style so its a good pointer,barker altogether is different,he is a classy boxer who can bang and is good defensively,thats why i rate him as better than the other two for now.

but for the record,billy joe saunders beats them all in 12-16 month!

Comment

Not sure if its just me but i really dont rate Lee. I know Steward did which kindof craps on my opinion a little but i dont really see what makes him special.

His footwork is slow, hes not especially powerful or accurate and it seems pretty easy to draw him into a war. He shown a good chin i suppose but still.

Other than that I also will need to Murray versus Martinez, though i expect him to do atleast as well as Barker or Macklin, maybe better depending on Martinez coping with age and injuries.

Between Barker and Macklin though I think Macklin would struggle with Barkers skills, but MAcklin has the power and workrate, so its a bit of a toss up imo.

And to Hugh Jass, cant wait for BJS to reach these guys

Comment

I think Barker is. I also believe that Murray is the weakest link.

Comment

I think it's a toss up between Macklin and Barker. But either way it's a really interesting mix of fighters, would be great to see them all fight each other over the next year or so.

Comment

Really hard to say. All are decent but all have limitations.

I knew nothing but Murray before the Sturm fight (other than results) but he impressed me & then even more so against Navarro - whom I know was a handpicked opponent, but Murray showcased some skills I didn't think he had in his arsenal.

Barker looked very good against Hope.

Macklin has had less than a round of winning action in 28 months so really hard to tell where he's at at the moment.

Saunders does look the nuts & before his bout with Blackwell I got on my little soapbox saying Blackwell was tougher than many thought.

Proksa's good win against Sylvester completely wiped out by his loss to Golovkin. He has a long road back.

Andy Lee really has to respond against Macklin. This bout shouldn't be about money as the winner will be right in the mix. Unless, of course, either isn't confident.

And don't forget that Eubank may progress through the ranks quickly. Ryder showed plenty in his last win &, if he can get the right team, Blackwell could be a player at European level. There's also Hattons boy Etches coming up.

Comment

Macklin, Proksa, Barker, Murray, Lee

I'd say:
              1. Macklin
              2. Barker
              =3. Murray
              =3. Proksa
              4. Lee

I've always found Lee to be a tad overrated. I think all 4 guys beat him. Murray has really impressed me but his level of competition isn't up there with Barker and Macklin. Macklin edges it at 1 but I can see any number of scenarios where Barker could win.

Proksa for me is a mixed bag and if he is handled right I think we can only see him get better. He hits hard and is quick but his defence needs a real seeing to.

Comment

Andy 'Pandy' Lee would be well-advised to get straight back to the Booth gym and shut his cakehole based upon his performance in Belfast...

......Matt Christie from Boxing News did not rate his performance at all and Macklin and Barker would have surely had him toast right at the moment.

Barker and Macklin are equal for me at the moment.
                Murray deserves mucho credit for taking-on Martinez & could be the man.
                Saunders is nearly there and looks like the best long-term bet.

Comment

Working...
                X