Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOF or ATG? Fighters on the Line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing about Floyd is that most people tend to think of him as a welterweight now a days.. and they directly link him to Duran-Leonard-Hearns etc and come to the conclusion he will get his azz beaten.. They are right of course but it's unfair to Floyd because Floyd is naturally a midget.
    He's a 130-135 pounder bounder... he's not a WW.

He should have fought Pac-Williams-Margarito-Prime Cotto

Of course Plankquaio is a bona fide ATG
    and for sure so is Wlad.
    Oscar for sure Marquez 50/50
    Last edited by Skittlez; 01-03-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Pac, Floyd and Marquez ATGs, with Marquez being a borderline ATG. Oscar and Wlad are HOF locks.

I wouldn't argue, much at least, that Marquez is a great HOFer, bordering on ATG. However, I think a résumé that reads...
      Pacquiao
      Barrera
      Casamayor
      Medina
      Gainer
      Salido
      Diaz
      Peden
      Kotey
      Sanchez
      Gervacio
      Juarez
      ...all of whom were champions, with the exception of Juarez who was an excellent top contender, deserves ATG status considering you have champions ranging from 118 to 147. That doesn't even take into account Juans accomplishment that go hand in hand with those wins.

Comment

Mayweather and Pac are ATGs, Marquez, Wlad and Oscar are HOF shoe-ins. Oscar could've been an ATG had he stayed at WW, but fair play to him for taking on pretty much everyone. One thing I don't like abouth DLH's career is the fact that very few of his super fights lived up to the hype (the Trinidad fight probably being the best example).

Comment

Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
          Lol I must admit this is weird for me, and I may sound like a flowmo. Why the option "Floyd is ATG" missing and replaced with "barely ATG"?

I mean doesnt he deserves the benefit of at least dissecting the idea at least from all of his accomplishments?
          As I stated above, I did that to encourage the Floyd haters to vote their conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Pac, Floyd and Marquez ATGs, with Marquez being a borderline ATG. Oscar and Wlad are HOF locks.

I wouldn't argue, much at least, that Marquez is a great HOFer, bordering on ATG. However, I think a résumé that reads...
            Pacquiao
            Barrera
            Casamayor
            Medina
            Gainer
            Salido
            Diaz
            Peden
            Kotey
            Sanchez
            Gervacio
            Juarez
            ...all of whom were champions, with the exception of Juarez who was an excellent top contender, deserves ATG status considering you have champions ranging from 118 to 147. That doesn't even take into account Juans accomplishment that go hand in hand with those wins.
            bumperooo....

Comment

Where is the option for Floyd being an ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                Where is the option for Floyd being an ATG?
                Right before your eyes. I qualified it to encourage the Floyd haters to vote their conscience.

Comment

WOOOOW!! did I just see people saying they didn't think De La Hoya was a ATG, but everybody else could be!! Guys must have just started following boxing. De La Hoya was what Pac is right now;...He had the "machine behind him, and a big fan favorite.
                  If your going by his losses, then they were all to future HOF's
                  I can't see Wlad being a ATG, because of the weak HW division, for JMM the Pac K.O. is not enough to guarantee ATG status. Pac and May; there are plenty of reasons to go either way

Comment

Trivia Question:
                    Which of these fighters have been knocked out cold?
                    Only Poochiao has been knocked out cold!

Trivia Question:
                    Which of these fighters have never been down from a punch in their pro career?
                    Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                    X