No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Green vs. Cameron Early Results From Melbourne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Green vs. Cameron Early Results From Melbourne

By Jake Donovan - Will Tomlinson was forced to work harder than the wide scores indicated in a decisive 12-round points win over Irving Berry.

Scores of 120-105, 119-106 and 117-108 were accurate, but not reflective of the rough and tumble nature of the contest.

Berry intended to make a fight of it, but the night permanently changed course when he was floored in the fourth round. Tomlinson continued to pile up rounds, but had to dig out everything in his arsenal to prevent the fight from becoming a grappling match.

Two points were deducted from the scorecard of Berry for excessive holding, which also came with a tongue lashing from referee Garry Dean.

Tomlinson finished strong to prove his worth on the world level, along with defending his alphabet belt for the second time as he improves to 20-0-1 (12KO). [Click Here To Read More]

WHY are australian fights always in the middle of the week? Is wednesday their saturday?

Comment

Wow, wtf happened to Shane Cameron?

Comment

My mate was there & calling me between rounds & he said it was really crap.

Hopefully they'll both retire now.

Comment

good win for danny green. cameron had to lose like 30lbs to make weight but the payday was obviously too big to refuse. he didn't risk losing his 2 regional WBO HW belts but it still drops his stock some. i understand it would have been tough to pass on the paycheck he just got. 1 more loss in the HW division & he could be out of the picture again & this fight might not of happened. this was actually no lose for cameron other then some of his momentum he gained in the barrett win. he has 2 belts & a decent WBO ranking. this loss shouldn't effect his HW ranking.

Comment

Well done Danny get on the cans champion

Comment

You would think he beat Wlad the way he's talking. "I beat a Heavyweight".

When you beat a legend, you become a legend. Not only is Green a legend, he is the uncrowned Heavyweight champion of the world.

Comment

How can you possibly resurrect your career against a fighter whos best win was over a 41 year old Monte Barrett?

Comment

Working...
                X