No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Super Seventh: Bute Clears the Way for Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Super Seventh: Bute Clears the Way for Kessler

by Cliff Rold - Making his third straight start at the electric Bell Centre in the town he call home, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 31-year old Romanian IBF Super Middleweight titlist Lucian Bute (28-0, 23 KO), scored his fifth consecutive stoppage and seventh successful defense, overcoming an intense challenge from 35-year old Brian Magee (34-4-1, 24 KO) of Belfast, Northern Ireland. Bute scored three knockdowns on the night, along with an uncredited fourth, ultimately finishing matters in the tenth round.

Both men weighed in below the division’s 168 lb. limit, Bute at 167 ¾ and Magee at 167 ½.

A measured pace carried the opening frame after an early frantic burst from both men. Bute, relaxed in front of his typically ecstatic crowd, controlled much of the space of the round with his southpaw right jab. Magee, also a southpaw, landed a hard left cross late to get Bute’s attention.

In the second, the action went often to close quarters. Magee used the chances in the clinches to thump in body blows. Bute struggled to find a home for his right hook. It was a game of right hands in the early going of the third. Magee landed a hook first. Moments later Bute answered and took the immediate counter before ripping Magee underneath to slow the Irishman’s charge. [Click Here To Read More]

why does this super6 even matter now so many guys got replaced so no point no more just fight it out but still this was the best thisng to happen to boxing in a long time but kessler v Bute would b a great fight kessler is very good he is skilled but Bute is gona kill him IMHO ..

Comment

I love it.

Kessler sounds confident, or he's trying to hide his concern.

He's going down regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post

I love it.

HAHAH i dont think hes afraid but he knows that Bute hits very hard and he is very tough guy to deal with with that reach HAHA

Comment

Epic Fight. Can't wait to see it

Comment

the stage is set, maravilla vs. bute, let's bring it on !

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post

I love it.

Kessler clearly has the longest reach.

Comment

it's the first real wordclass test bute is going to have.... kessler will give him hell...

dirrell would whoop bute.... he couldn't live with the speed....

there's still alot to be decided about who's the man at 168..... froch, ward, dirrell, bute....

Comment

Originally posted by richarddam View Post
                  the stage is set, maravilla vs. bute, let's bring it on !

tv contracts... showtime vs. hbo ---> means this fight could never happen....

and that's lucky for bute.... cos martinez would whoop him badly..... i'd love to see it, but there's no way that fight could happen....

Comment

I dont think the road is clear for Bute vs. Kessler. Bute still has mandatory obligations and Kessler will have a fight before Bute so this fight is on for late this year at the earliest.

Comment

Working...
                    X