No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gesta is Eager To Prove That He's The Real Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gesta is Eager To Prove That He's The Real Deal

Undefeated Filipino southpaw Mercito “No Mercy” Gesta (26-0-1, 14 KO's) is ready to go all out to win the IBF lightweight title from Mexico’s Miguel Vazquez (32-3, 13 KO's) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday, on the undercard of the fourth encounter between “Fighter of the Decade” Manny Pacquiao and Mexican legend Juan Manuel Marquez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Im really not expecting a whole lot form this fight. Quintero was able to make for a decent right with Vazquez. But Gesta doesn't have very fast feet and telegraphs his punches. I'm not sure he will be able to close the distance and make it a inside fight. Vazquez by UD.

Comment

all we are going to see is Vazquez run too much,these type of fighters don't deserve to be on ppv cards,not when people are paying that much money and in return get a fighter like Vazquez is not right,he can be shown on regular hbo I guess but not on ppv,if they are asking the fans to pay $60 atleast make it worth our money

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        all we are going to see is Vazquez run too much,these type of fighters don't deserve to be on ppv cards,not when people are paying that much money and in return get a fighter like Vazquez is not right,he can be shown on regular hbo I guess but not on ppv,if they are asking the fans to pay $60 atleast make it worth our money
        I don't think there's such a thing as regular HBO...and its not like Vazquez is the main fight, he's part of the televised undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
          Im really not expecting a whole lot form this fight. Quintero was able to make for a decent right with Vazquez. But Gesta doesn't have very fast feet and telegraphs his punches. I'm not sure he will be able to close the distance and make it a inside fight. Vazquez by UD.
          But you're forgetting Quintero tagged Vazquez quite often and Gesta has faster hands than Quintero. If Gesta and his people worked on cutting the ring off they can win this fight. Something is telling me Vazquez will be hitting the canvas once or twice.

Comment

The problem is Gesta will have to improve on his last outing by a lot, maybe too much. Vazquez is a runner and can make a fight stink, so Gesta has to catch him and stay after him like I haven't seen him do yet. I'm not saying Gesta can't win, I'm saying he has to beat Vazquez down convincingly to prove he belongs with the best. Squeeking by won't do it, and forget it if he loses.

Comment

i like Gesta's attitude, he looks very confident and he looks like a champion. But we'll find out what he is once he steps in that ring.

I think he's a guy that fights down to the competition, certain guys just rise up to the occasion, and this kid looks like he will give 110 percent for his the pride of his country and family

Conditioning will be key, looking at Boxrec it looks like he struck some deals where he didnt need to make 135 pounds, hence all his fights have been catchweights. looks like he took training more serious than ever for this title bout

Comment

Can't wait for this one..
                Gogesta

Comment

i dont like gesta's tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    But you're forgetting Quintero tagged Vazquez quite often and Gesta has faster hands than Quintero. If Gesta and his people worked on cutting the ring off they can win this fight. Something is telling me Vazquez will be hitting the canvas once or twice.
                    I didn't forget that I just feel that Quintero was able to close the distance because he has fought the better competition. IMO Gesta isn't any faster than Quintero and they are they probably have about the same pop. I really thought Vazquez didn't look good in his last fight but Gesta has never impressed me. He's a 10 year pro who's fought nothing but bums.

Comment

Working...
                    X