No announcement yet.

P4P List (Non American Biased)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4P List (Non American Biased)

Dont mean to start a nationality thread, I love boxing, so that is the topic here.

I notice many of these Boxing Magazines such as RING Magazine always have a tendency to overrate and hype up American boxers (ie Chad Dawson, Danny Jacobs, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz), and they never live up to the hype. These magazines also are reluctant to recognize achievement of European, South American, and African fighters I find. Of course RING Magazine is owned by Golden Boy, so you can never trust what they write anyway.

I also find many times the P4P lists of these magazines seem very biased and unrealistic. Like I honestly, cannot understand how someone can not have Wladimir Klitschko in a top10 P4P list. He is the most dominant champion in all of boxing and has been for several years.

Anyways, don't mean to go off on a rant, but here is my P4P list: (Opinions welcome!)

1 Floyd Mayweather (USA)

2 Manny Pacquiao (Philippines)

3 Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)

4 Fernando Montiel (Mexico)

5 Lucian Bute (Romania)

6 Sergio Martinez (Argentina)

7 Nonito Donaire (Philippines)

8 Andre Ward (USA)

9 Vitali Klitschko (Ukraine)

10 Paul Williams (USA)

Honourable Mention (ie Top20ish types); Tim Bradley, Carl Froch, Andre Dirrell, Arthur Abraham, Marco Huck, Jean Pascal, Juanma Lopez, Yuri Gamboa, Chad Dawson, Mikkel Kessler, JM Marquez, Gennady Golovkin
    Last edited by Who are you?; 08-26-2010, 09:00 AM.

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
    Dont mean to start a nationality thread, I love boxing, so that is the topic here.

I notice many of these Boxing Magazines such as RING Magazine always have a tendency to overrate and hype up American boxers (ie Chad Dawson, Danny Jacobs, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz), and they never live up to the hype. These magazines also are reluctant to recognize achievement of European, South American, and African fighters I find. Of course RING Magazine is owned by Golden Boy, so you can never trust what they write anyway.

I also find many times the P4P lists of these magazines seem very biased and unrealistic. Like I honestly, cannot understand how someone can not have Wladimir Klitschko in a top10 P4P list. He is the most dominant champion in all of boxing and has been for several years.

Anyways, don't mean to go off on a rant, but here is my P4P list: (Opinions welcome!)

1 Floyd Mayweather (USA)

2 Manny Pacquiao (Philippines)

3 Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)

4 Fernando Montiel (Mexico)

5 Lucian Bute (Romania)

6 Sergio Martinez (Argentina)

7 Nonito Donaire (Philippines)

8 Andre Ward (USA)

9 Vitali Klitschko (Ukraine)

10 Paul Williams (USA)

Honourable Mention (ie Top20ish types); Tim Bradley, Carl Froch, Andre Dirrell, Arthur Abraham, Marco Huck, Jean Pascal, Juanma Lopez, Yuri Gamboa, Chad Dawson, Mikkel Kessler, JM Marquez

you lost all credibility by not having adamek even in your honorable mention and having huck in there.

i know it's all a joke, these pfp lists and subjective but that's just inexcusible

Comment

how do you have bute at 5?

EDIT: and yes how can you have huck in your honourable mentions?
      Last edited by Gojira; 08-26-2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

The reason i left Adamek out is because his recent form has been poor in my opinion. I dont think he is a good heavyweight.

I was not impressed with any of his heavyweight performances, and Id put him at #4/#5 guy in the division.

W 12 Michael Grant is not a P4P result. Klitschko would KO Grant in 3 rounds...

Comment

I think Bute is way too high and you're a little harsh on Williams.

Comment

Any P4P list with JMM not in the top 5 has zero credibilty plain and simple

Comment

Who did Bute beat again?

Comment

JMM has deteriorated over the past 2 years...

I agree he has a massive skillset, but he's 37. And he's certainly not as sharp now, as he used to be.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion! And yes, I think your argument is valid. But JMM is 37 and he's seen better days IMO.

Comment

People all over the world pay too much emphasis on pfp,it is not literal & has no impact on the real world.Fot instances Floyd & Pacman are #1 & #2 right?But if either moved to 154,neither would beat the #1 &2 fighters there.

Comment

yeah huck should be nowhere near a p4p list, the guy makes froch look like a world beater skill wise and bute will need to prove himself a bit more before he goes so high imo

Take ward out too, hes got a long way to go as well imo, williams should replace him maybe
                    Last edited by Songbird; 08-26-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X